Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TEAM CSSA SPECIAL REPORT - MARCH 24, 2017

Subscribe to the E-News | Become a Member | Donate Today | Visit our Website

Facebook

Twitter

U.N. FIREARMS MARKING REGULATIONS

The time is 11:59 p.m.

We are roaring up to the deadline. On June 1, 2017, the United Nations' Firearms Marking Regulations will be implemented, and Canada's gun industry will take the punch right in the head.

Oddly enough, the House of Commons is strangely silent on this.

We implore you to write to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and firmly request that this foolish exercise be halted immediately, before extensive damage is done to a licensed, legitimate industry.

U.N. Marking is expensive, time consuming, potentially dangerous and worse, TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

The United Nations requested we have a system of tracing firearms. The Chrétien government chose to add ridiculous post-manufacturing markings on all imported firearms.

Be forewarned – the cost of a firearm may rise dramatically and businesses may close.
•For 12 years, the CSSA and the CSAAA have stood virtually alone in opposing the implementation of this regulation.

•We have repeatedly warned our members about this issue.

•We have even been accused of exaggerating the case to raise funds. So let's be clear: the CSSA has never ONCE asked its members for money to support this issue. We have, however, asked for a call to action.

Once again – one last time – we need your assistance to deter the Government of Canada from implementing this damaging and useless regulation.

Please write to the Prime Minister and ask him to stop this implementation. Tell him the CSSA has a constructive alternative that will not cost Canadian jobs and buckets of money – money that will ultimately come out of your pocket. Don't hesitate. Do it now – it's even free!

Thank you!

Team CSSA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact information:

The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
Prime Minister of Canada
Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A2
Telephone: 613- 995-0253
Fax: 613-941-6900
Email: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca

*Mail can be sent postage free.

Website | About Us | Membership | Store | Rights | Events

Toll-free: 1-888-873-4339 Fax: 416-679-9910 info@cdnshootin

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Horrible cut an paste, at any rate write a letter if you don't find it insane to inscribe a unique ID onto something that already has a unique ID, after it's been manufactured.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the UN not understand that all gun manufacturers have serial numbers stamped into guns at the manufacturing process and that those numbers are registered with federal law enforcement at least in the case of restricted weapons?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would put this out there.
I'm looking for a WW2 K98 Mauser. It has to be in reasonable shape and i will to pay top coin.
But not just any K98, like a Russian capture.
It needs to have its original stamping of the Swastika on the breach area and more importantly the SS stamp.
If it doesn't have those i'm not interested.
I have found many with the Swastika stamp but they were not SS rifles.

FYI
All K98 had the Swastika stamping, it was the Germans regular army issued rifle. The K98 with the Swastika and SS stamping was issued ONLY to the SS units and are rare.
Many K98 have no stamping, that is because they are Russian captured rifles. The Russian threw them into a pile and removed all the marking and reassembled with mixed parts from other K98's and sold them. Its too bad they did this, they are still a great shooter but have very little value.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 243 varmint with full mdt chassis and night force optics tps mounts 20170418_190251.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those in the Saskatoon area this Sunday, we have a fun shooting event going on that is open to everyone with a rifle.

It is a paper target varmint fun shoot this Sunday May 7th. The event will run from 10 am - 3 pm. Come out bring a friend and try your skill with our varmint targets. This event is open to SWF members as well as non members. $20 gets you 3 targets and a smokie and a pop lunch. You can purchase more targets at $5 per target.

Here's a link to the Google Map for the range:
https://goo.gl/maps/QYjEqHH9dTU2

Attachments

• 2017-05-02 09.46.11.jpg
    2017-05-02 09.46.11.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 297

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw and got to shoot a few shots out of the most expensive gun I've ever seen at a range today.

Desert Tech SRS-A1 in 308 with a Vortex Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56 with an Atlas bipod. My understanding is that the gun is somewhere around $8k and the scope is about $4k. Very nice trigger, and the buttstock monopod was very very useful for making the steadiest shots I've ever made.

Now that I'm typing this up I realize I should have taken a picture!

It was interesting that the guy was driving about a $3000 Hyundai car. That's priorities.

This gun, but the Vortex is a better scope than the one in the video:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a low mileage Ruger M77 Mark II in 30/06 with all the bells and whistles at just over the $400,,, The new Marksman Leopold Scope is darn near worth that cost... If I recall they are selling them at around $350 + hear in Western Canada. $199 in USD funds. The rifle came complete with all attached.

My good friend bought it new as a backup too his assortment,,, but it only went into service a few times, so it was time too find a new home.

And easy too make my own cookies.

Plan is too plink away at silhouette irons with the option too game harvest if I choose to do so,,, more of a fun thing to do out doors like archery.

I most likely would not of gone this route, but the deal was too good too pass up on.

The reload kit with option too rap off 1500 cartrages works out too $0.58 per round. Brass, Dies, lots of loaded ammo came with the package.

All I had too pick up was Press, powder, 150gr bullets, and primers.

Time too harvest some iron rams. LOL.

Lem

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking with the importer today. Transfer should hopefully happen in the next little bit here then my new rifle gets shipped to me. Cant wait to get this sucker in my hands. I am hoping I can get it in my hands next week.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw and got to shoot a few shots out of the most expensive gun I've ever seen at a range today.

Desert Tech SRS-A1 in 308 with a Vortex Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56 with an Atlas bipod. My understanding is that the gun is somewhere around $8k and the scope is about $4k. Very nice trigger, and the buttstock monopod was very very useful for making the steadiest shots I've ever made.

Now that I'm typing this up I realize I should have taken a picture!

It was interesting that the guy was driving about a $3000 Hyundai car. That's priorities.

This gun, but the Vortex is a better scope than the one in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAolFvexg30

They are about 7k new but you can find them for 6k ish used if you look hard enough. Probably even cheaper if you tried. As far as the scope I dont know what it was so can't comment on that but if its an S&B or similar it could be :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going for my restricted license this Sunday in case the powers at be decide to axe that program, who knows. Get in before the ban right?
When I took my non restricted I re upped the next day for my restricted as a lot of the course is overlap. I passed both and went to my dealer to buy my first restricted weapon. I told him I had a wish list of 4 guns. An AR, a semi auto pistol, a long range sniper rifle and a over under shotgun for shooting trap. He told me get the fun gun first and pistol next before they get banned. Mission accomplished a month ago. Non restricted guns are next.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turing this new Remmy Long Range 30/06

Into a F-Class unit like my buddies.

Shoots distance all day long with the greatest of ease.

His is the 308 in the FTR category, I'm doing the Open F.

Extra support is under construction too keep it on track.
30 lb iron plates for the Henry Remple bypod too sit on.

The triangle unit is for my Harrison Flip down bypods as its adjustable for un-even grounds from 400 too 900 meters.

Adjusts up too 6" for side hills

Pal Robert taking another run at the Nationals again this year.

Super fun, and awesome folks across the Americas.
Here's Fred in the TR Class.

These 3 folks have 180 years combined between then competing all around the world in Full Bore and TR class.

They might struggle getting up and down too shoot, but they have the smoothest of hands when it comes too taking on the V ring. Ha.

F Class is where I'll start, then work my way into TR.

Don

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha.
Sounds like a nice gun you just got.
Like it when the lemster keeping it real
targets will be taking cover

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If restricted weapons get banned, and they know you have them Ie they are registered you will probably have to turn them in to be destroyed.

Jimmy the crack pusher won't be turning his in though....

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If restricted weapons get banned, and they know you have them Ie they are registered you will probably have to turn them in to be destroyed.

Jimmy the crack pusher won't be turning his in though....
In the past guns that have become prohibited have been grandfathered. I'm hoping the same happens again.

Top Bottom