RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1a4175d95e5c7fee58a2a5fff2582ff6.jpg

Hells canyon 300 win mag

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm bored waiting for surgery, can't ride and wishing i was out there. So i decided to post these, the Sergei Karabin Simonov, aka, SKS-45.
I have a special respect and connection to this rifle as it was used by both Bosnian and Croatian's when i was posted in Croatia. I'm quite familiar with the 7.62x39 buzzing sound when some would take pop shots at us for fun. LOL

The rifle on the farthest left is a modified SKS with Archangel furniture and red dot, center is my olive stained furniture otherwise original and the one on the farthest right is all matching number original condition rifle.
Both rifles on the left we shoot regularly and are awesome fun to blast away 100 rounds in an afternoon. While the far right rifle is 100% functional but a collector so i don't shoot it.
IMG_0698.jpg

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm bored waiting for surgery, can't ride and wishing i was out there. So i decided to post these, the Sergei Karabin Simonov, aka, SKS-45.
I have a special respect and connection to this rifle as it was used by both Bosnian and Croatian's when i was posted in Croatia. I'm quite familiar with the 7.62x39 buzzing sound when some would take pop shots at us for fun. LOL

The rifle on the farthest left is a modified SKS with Archangel furniture and red dot, center is my olive stained furniture otherwise original and the one on the farthest right is all matching number original condition rifle.
Both rifles on the left we shoot regularly and are awesome fun to blast away 100 rounds in an afternoon. While the far right rifle is 100% functional but a collector so i don't shoot it.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/mikeslund/IMG_0698.jpg

How do you like your wartak rail? I was debating on buying one but couldn't swallow the price. I use a tristar bolt cover with the screws that press onto the sides of the receiver for my red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like your wartak rail? I was debating on buying one but couldn't swallow the price. I use a tristar bolt cover with the screws that press onto the sides of the receiver for my red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardware is kinda not great. The screw holding the backside had to be loc-tite or it would come loose and there is a roll pin that holds the front of the rail that i had to peen or it would also slip out. Other then that it holds zero no problem's. Not much will hold zero on an SKS as it was never design for that type of sight.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a mag wedge premium rail on mine that was really good quality (wartak copied this design) I sold the sks with a bunch of other accessories a few years ago though.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a mag wedge premium rail on mine that was really good quality (wartak copied this design) I sold the sks with a bunch of other accessories a few years ago though.

Wow, bad deal for you, if they put an import prohibition on this rifle and i suspect its coming and they will. The rifle will double if not triple in value. Depending on a few factors of course like matching numbers vs a bastardized version. Either way the value will go up substantially, have a look in the US, they have an import prohibition on them, your lucky if you pick one up in the $400 range, most are around $600. Plus as the stock's dry out, that will also push them up.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/mikeslund/IMG_0698.jpg

A little late to the parade but thank you for your service. Our freedom depends upon it!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little late to the parade but thank you for your service. Our freedom depends upon it!
Thank you
Honestly i loved the job, it was the best thing i have ever done with my life and would do it again any where in the world. Thanks

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is an sks I did up. Coyote gun. I cant actually hit $#%^ with it but it's fun lol. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170213/b4d94ed70432a69aa62a697acbd54bd1.jpg

Thank god for that, if they were accurate a lot of us wouldn't be here today.
The SKS are a crap shoot, 50/50 chance of getting a bad one or a good one and some are a lot worst then other's. My stained olive SKS is off to the right 3" at 50 yrds and nothing i can do about it. While the Archangel one is less then an 1" at the same distance. Fun anyways.

I can't open the pic. to see it, my puter won't let me??

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm picking up a Savage Model 25, in .223 heavy barrel synthetic stock, and a vortex crossfire. Hopefully I can do some long range now.

My SKS looks very similar to yours T-Team. What kind of bolt cover rail system is that? I have an Ncstar and I feel it sits too high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I have NO idea dude. lol. I forgot! it is REALLY high... kind of sucks actually... really hard to sight in! I have the laser sight on the bottom and getting them the same at 20 yards as 50 yards... the spread is huge. again... as long as its accurate within two feet at 50 yards thats a coyote lol!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. That was a long look over. I am getting back into the game and went through all 105 pages again.

Top Bottom