Cool Guns

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Pretty sure it's stamped .223 Rem but accepts 5.56 NATO . This is part of the non-restricted red tape thing so they can sell to us Canadians. Be carefull with the pistol mag thing. Technically it's illegal to have more than 5 shots in a rifle mag. Pistol mag makes it a restricted weapon. A pistol is a pistol.

C'mon Sumx54,if you don't know for sure don't post, don't spread misinformation.
Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

I find the LARS mags short, I just bought some .50 Beowulf mags that legally allow 13 in my AR[/QUOTE]

I considered the warning I got from an RCMP officer good enough. I'm not trying to spread mis-information tough guy. I need to print that off and keep it in my gear bag I guess. The cops checked all of our mags this spring after getting a call from a concerned citizen that we were shooting fully auto weapons while gopher hunting. Lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon Sumx54,if you don't know for sure don't post, don't spread misinformation.
Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

I find the LARS mags short, I just bought some .50 Beowulf mags that legally allow 13 in my AR

I considered the warning I got from an RCMP officer good enough. I'm not trying to spread mis-information tough guy. I need to print that off and keep it in my gear bag I guess. The cops checked all of our mags this spring after getting a call from a concerned citizen that we were shooting fully auto weapons while gopher hunting. Lol[/QUOTE]

Why the snide "tough guy" remark?

I keep a copy of that bulletin handy as well, cops are generally not firearm enthusiast and don't know the laws they are trying to enforce. If the cop had known for a fact you were breaking a firearm law you would have been charged I bet. They don't seem to cut any slack when guns are involved anymore, even if it's a paper crime.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm here to tell you that most RCMP members don't know much about the intricacies of gun laws especially things like LAR-15 mags or Beowulf .50 in an AR. Most own one gun; the one they were given. I would suggest anyone using them to carry the info: re magazine capacities with their firearms to avoid problems. Some will know that they are legit, but most won't and may get awfully excited to find an AR with 13 rds (thinking that 5 is the absolute max). Just my two cents from the other side of the tracks.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought i would post this here for a start

For sale : Browning stainless stalker chambered in 325wsm , like new condition with a zeiss conquest rapid z 800 2.5x10x50mm scope . 50 rounds through it . Selling to fund a custom rifle . $1100.00 for all .

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sellin one of my rossi ranch hands in 45 colt if anyone is still looking for one askin $450 only fired 19shots the misses doesnt find it as entertaining as I did haha

Last edited:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to buy a FN Herstal Five seveN pistol, shoots 5.7 x 28 ammunition. It seems they only sell to agencies from the manufacturer. I've tried a few other places, but still no luck. I've also been seeing that the ammunition is hard to come by. If I found one, I would just pony up and buy the ammo by the case. I should try m&p and see if they will import, any other ideas would sure be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to buy a FN Herstal Five seveN pistol, shoots 5.7 x 28 ammunition. It seems they only sell to agencies from the manufacturer. I've tried a few other places, but still no luck. I've also been seeing that the ammunition is hard to come by. If I found one, I would just pony up and buy the ammo by the case. I should try m&p and see if they will import, any other ideas would sure be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad

Check Questar

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check Questar

Thanks, I emailed them last week, just got a response back from them today;

" The FN Five-seveN pistol have been all but non-existent the last couple of years. We’ve had model on order for over 2 years now. You can find the models we offer in Canada on our CDN site here:

Of late we have been seeing a trickle of these pistols arrive. We have slowly been able to fill back orders as they come in. We still can’t quote a firm delivery date however.

The 5.7X28 ammunition is in the same boat. There is only 1 version legally eligible for commercial sale in Canada, that is the SS197SR round. Like the pistols we have "

Looks like I may have to look for something different, too bad, it looks like a wicked pistol, I've read lots of good things about it.

Sent from my iPad

tipper

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good bolt or possibly semi 5.56 with a bull barrel n.r. for target shooting that won't require a second mortgage?
Would love an xcr but can't afford one.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good bolt or possibly semi 5.56 with a bull barrel n.r. for target shooting that won't require a second mortgage?
Have you looked at the Mossberg MVP?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go pick up a tikka tactical or even a ss heavy barrel tikka. It is .223 but I am sure it will shoot 5.56 fine. 5 round mag. Very accurate. Next option for me would be a heavy barrel savage.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just picked this little fella up. Used to have one when I was a kid. Henry H001 22

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 161

tipper

Reaction score
From what i understand you can't shoot 5.56 in a 223 but you can shoot either if it's stamped 5.56?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
From what i understand you can't shoot 5.56 in a 223 but you can shoot either if it's stamped 5.56?
That's right. If it's stamped 556 it's usually a restricted weapon. My XCR is stamped 223 rem but that's how it's shipped across the border. They told me it's way less of a headache for them and you can shoot all the 556 you want through it. NATO is a big black scary word. 223 rem sounds better. Lol

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with the Smith and Wesson M&P 45? I had been looking at this one previously before I found the FN Herstal line, but since it doesn't look like the FN is going to happen, I may look a little harder at this one

Sent from my iPad

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a xd-9 made by springfield. If I had to go with a poly gun again I would get another one but the xdm. If you want a .45 why not go with the 1911? I have a 1911 commander made by smith a wesson. Nicer to shoot a 1911 over any plastic in that caliber.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What makes the difference between the polymer pistol and the 1911? I looked at the s&w 1911but it looked heavy, I didn't get a chance to handle it, I think my number at the Cabellas gun counter was 10312 and they were serving 62, so I just looked at it from a distance.

Sent from my iPad

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the bigger caliber weight is a good thing. Just to compare and as an example I bought the wife a 9mm cz polymer thinking it would shoot nice like my xd did. It was a POS. So she started to shoot my .45 some and loved it. Has a nice push vs a snap. They are usually pretty accurate also. More money and complicated but you have to own one in your lifetime. So if you are going to get a .45 the 1911 is a requirement. Just don't get the Chinese made junk. S+W is nice with their external extractor. Plan on spending at least 1100 on one.

Here are the two beside each other. The poly is the CZ I had bought for the wife.
20736_239809931805_8137509_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom