cooking lake/blackfoot

freezeberry

Reaction score
Anybody know if you can ride there? Went to the entrance just south of the yellowhead on the west side and there were no sled signs but when I check on the net they say you can. So anybdy know?

Bucky

Reaction score
Check out the Ministik staging area info on the left hand side of the main page under The Community.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called a few days ago. The trails were still closed to snowmobiles, as there has to be 30cm of pack. Hoping for more snow, as I want to try the trail out too!

Check out:

Cooking Lake - Blackfoot Grazing Wildlife Provincial Recreation Area Alberta Can

Hope some of those help! I have called an spoken with the ranger for the area. Seems like a good guy. They do have a recorded message as well, under trail info, but it's kinda hard to keep up with.

Reaction score
I have been Cross Country Skiing there for about 5 years now and they stopped snowmobiling their before that. My guess is that the snowmobilers went off the designated areas. One the weekend there are a lot of skiers, walkers and people riding horses on the trails and snowmobilers would not mix well. It would be a great area to snowmobile if you could.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Strathcona county is illegal to snowmobile anywhere except on private property and on some of the bigger lakes(eg, cooking lake, 1/2 moon lake, etc), and on the fort saskatchewan snow angel's trails..... Either way a trail pass is required. Check out ministik though, as it has a groomed trail and is a deceptively big area! As far as i know the blackfoot recreation area is snowmobile banned as well.......

Top Bottom