Conditons for Slave Lake or Swan Hills?

Motorman26

Reaction score
Has anyone been sledding in the Swan Hills or Slave Lake areas during the last few days? We heard there is lots of snow there but we're looking for confirmation that the sledding is good. If so, where's the best place to stage?

summit mike

Reaction score
Well swan sucks ,some people have been blabben all over this sight about it and its just a gon show out there.I road it for years and now i wont go back !!! Never seen it so f#### up .

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well swan sucks ,some people have been blabben all over this sight about it and its just a gon show out there.I road it for years and now i wont go back !!! Never seen it so f#### up .

i dont know what your talkin about. i was out there on thursday and conditions were awesome and we were the only ones riding. the cut lines and cutblocks were full of pow. if you live there shouldnt you know all the "secret" areas to ride?

summit mike

Reaction score
well if you call 4 inches of snow pow, wow .my same tracks have been there for 3 weeks on the hills .28 was done man ya theres lots more places you guys havent found yet ,we leave the little hills buy the roads alone

JJ69

Reaction score
i was out on the quad on sunday. the cutlines and stuff are still good to go, the trails are pretty rough in places from hundreds of sleds. we just got a fair bit of snow yesterday and today, so it should be nice riding.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Peace River area, but on the way to PR we went HWY 2 rather than HWY 43 for a change through Slave, and the snow was pretty nice I must say, as opposed to the Central parts, Sylvan Lake and area that has nil to none for sledding!:(

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know what your talkin about. i was out there on thursday and conditions were awesome and we were the only ones riding. the cut lines and cutblocks were full of pow. if you live there shouldnt you know all the "secret" areas to ride?

Where do you stage? Trapper Lee's?

I was thinking about heading up there on Saturday but not overly familiar with the trails.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you stage? Trapper Lee's?

I was thinking about heading up there on Saturday but not overly familiar with the trails.

cant tell ya. its a secret....j/k. actually i have no idea where we staged. i just followed the truck infront of me. it was my first time there:d

Daniel

Reaction score
i was out at goose tower yesterday it was good till my sled broke the groomer was coming threw when we were leaving

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing you must know about areas around goose is if you don't know where to go the riding does suck. And i don't mean the general trails. But off the beaten path, we find pow every time we go you just need to know where to go, so you can say it sucks all you want i will find good snow out there. Just me 2 cents

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if you call 4 inches of snow pow, wow .my same tracks have been there for 3 weeks on the hills .28 was done man ya theres lots more places you guys havent found yet ,we leave the little hills buy the roads alone

I think you have a bad attitude cause people are riding up there. When i was there it snowed 10 inchs that day while we were riding. If you have a problem with us riding there, suck it up.

Demon13

Reaction score
The snow is going to melt in about 2 months if that and if anyone wants to play in it I dare them to try and track it all up, there is always a fresh line out there waiting for any sledder to enjoy.:Snowmobile1:
This pic was last weekend

Attachments

• Feb 09 043.jpg
    Feb 09 043.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 73

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying our best to track it all up. Very few sled tracks. Suits us just fine:d Yesterday
IMGP0058.jpg

IMGP0045.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0056.jpg

IMGP0027.jpg

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats the great thing about recessions, folks living on credit will be sellin their toys so traffic should ease a bit for next year.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We never even saw another sled, just a few work trucks. Weather was awesome. Not the Mountains but hey, great for a day or 1/2 day ride. The riding close to Slave is pretty pounded right now.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goose Tower was good early Saturday but by Saturday afternoon the wind in the open cut blocks was brutal. Very hard to see at times . Great snow very deep in places. Goose Tower road was pretty drfited in on Saturday afternoon beyond KM 18 . Sunday mornning - the town site was -25 C and blowing hard. The snow will be great next week.

:beer:

JJ69

Reaction score
yeah when i saw the wind saturday morning i was thinking about how a few people said they were coming up this way. looked pretty shitty out.
this morning its -40 with the windchill... at least you caught a half-warm day lol!

e-tech gal

Reaction score
Was there last weekend and there was TONS of powder on the cut lines....many untouched......go I know I'll be there!

Top Bottom