Concussions

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is still up for debate. Still have some on going issues and will for the rest of my life but you adapt so as to make the changes in your physical state have minumum impact on your life. I think the last concussion number 13 so I have to be a little more carefull now is all.:beer:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is still up for debate. Still have some on going issues and will for the rest of my life but you adapt so as to make the changes in your physical state have minumum impact on your life. I think the last concussion number 13 so I have to be a little more carefull now is all.:beer:

13?!?!?! Time to start wearing a helmet to breakfast :)

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old age has slowed me down enough that I don't worry about it :p most of my concussions were gathered between the ages of 10 to 30 after that I really slowed down on the activities that were some what risky. The last one was a mva, I was sideswiped on a secondary hwy and it was a bad one. I have no plans to repaeat that it cost my family a lot of anguish and I know I have been called a crazy before have no desire to be window lickin crazy.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old age has slowed me down enough that I don't worry about it :p most of my concussions were gathered between the ages of 10 to 30 after that I really slowed down on the activities that were some what risky. The last one was a mva, I was sideswiped on a secondary hwy and it was a bad one. I have no plans to repaeat that it cost my family a lot of anguish and I know I have been called a crazy before have no desire to be window lickin crazy.

I miss you and your family- truly loved meeting you all at Jamboree :) it was a good muddin' day, wasn't it!?! Although, you didn't seem old or slowed down from what I saw ;)

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We miss you guys as well we are going to try and make the jamboree this year really hope you guys can attend. We would ride with guys any time you rock that sports quad say hi to Jermey for us.:d

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We miss you guys as well we are going to try and make the jamboree this year really hope you guys can attend. We would ride with guys any time you rock that sports quad say hi to Jermey for us.:d

We are hoping to go this year too! Little farther since we moved to BC and we never know how Jer's schedule is going to pan out. The old sport quad is gonna need a new clutch soon... Best get her ready :)

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to concussions.

As far as I know, I've had 8. None of which were fun. I've knocked myself out a handful of times, saw stars, had the horrible copper taste in my mouth, lost my hearing for an hour, couldn't balance, put myself cross eyed.

I don't think I would say I'm different from before I ever started rocking my dome. I've never known otherwise and don't recalls any difference's within myself.

I know when I was kid if I got angry I would fly off the handle and get physical an emotional. After a few more bumps (none related to fighting), I noticed over the years that when I get super pissed off to the point where I would have gotten physical. Nothing happens, its just a plateau and I mentally disconnecting from the whole situation.

I think though, currently in the media, the way it's portrayed. If a person is looking for some " syptoms " they'll find something to blame and link back to a concussion. Every body's wires are wound a little differently. Some people will be more receptive to possible long term effects. Some people won't be phased at all.

Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom