Concussions

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever had a concussion anything from mild to serious.If u ever had one do u feel any headaches or after affects now...Just curious since there's so many in hockey/UFC and guys come back and aren't ever they same..Hockey players if they get one it seems like they always get another and another,and the UFC fighters seems like once there knocked out they aren't the same fighter

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got hid in the head by my sled a few years ago. I felt like you do when you wake up after a night of whiskey and about 2 1/2 hrs of sleep for about 2 weeks. Head hurt for about a week.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does your head ever feel wierd once in awhile,possibly from the hit?

Depends how bad the concussion is and how many you have had. Mohammed Ali/Cassius Clay is a good answer to your question... I'm pretty sure Mike Tyson is also a result of repeated head trashing.

I came off a horse at full gallop a few years ago and hit my head so hard it knocked me unconscious. Took me about an hour to get out of the field because I kept passing out. I saw stars on and off for about a week and a half. Then, I got an ulcer in my left eye from the trauma of my brain shaking the optic nerve. For a couple of months I had a weird headache and some residual vision effects. It's been 3 years now and I am almost as un-normal as I was to start with !!

jaake67

Reaction score
My son recieved one in hockey end of november. He missed all of dec from school and we just sent him back in the new year, and he was getting major head aches. Last week we finnally got into the neroulogist at the stollery and he suggested we pull him from school for the rest of the year. Let him sleep as much as he wants, school work (home study computer course grade 11) for short periods of time. When it first happened they wouldn't even let him watch tv or listen to music with words in it. Apperently if you over due with them you could be prone to clots or long term headache problems, so be carefull. Don't push it , good luck.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son received a medium rated concussion a couple years back in hockey............he's a goalie and got his bell rang off the ice after he was steam rolled by a couple players. I had to wake him that night every two hours, he was nauseaus for a day or two, bit of a headache but other then that within a week he'd bounced back and was back in net !!!

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got knocked out from a small quad accident,was out for about 30sec-minute,don't recall what happened or anything,lucky i had my wife with me as she drove me to the hospital to make sure all was good.Missed a couple days of work because the head was sore...Last month i was sledding and had a harder landing and my head got a pretty good jolt,later on my head felt wierd and things just didn't seem right,a couple days later all was good...Just wondering if that re-activated the concussion.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got knocked out from a small quad accident,was out for about 30sec-minute,don't recall what happened or anything,lucky i had my wife with me as she drove me to the hospital to make sure all was good.Missed a couple days of work because the head was sore...Last month i was sledding and had a harder landing and my head got a pretty good jolt,later on my head felt wierd and things just didn't seem right,a couple days later all was good...Just wondering if that re-activated the concussion.

I would say yes. If it persists, doctor!!

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son recieved one in hockey end of november. He missed all of dec from school and we just sent him back in the new year, and he was getting major head aches. Last week we finnally got into the neroulogist at the stollery and he suggested we pull him from school for the rest of the year. Let him sleep as much as he wants, school work (home study computer course grade 11) for short periods of time. When it first happened they wouldn't even let him watch tv or listen to music with words in it. Apperently if you over due with them you could be prone to clots or long term headache problems, so be carefull. Don't push it , good luck.

my niece who is 9 got hit during hockey. Fell and bumped her noggen...this was back in November...still isnt back to school and get headaches all the time....my bro has a bad taste for hockey rite now......

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was younger I fell on some ice, hit my head and was out for a few seconds - remember seeing blackness and then getting up - that's it. I never really had much for headaches or anything, but I still to this day have a small bald spot on my head in that area.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my buddy and i were snowboarding and we built this jump that was a 20 ft gap from end of jump to start of landing and you got about 7 feet of air and he came flying in and hit it switch and tried a 360 but ended up going face first into the rock hard grass after the landing and i had to roll him over take his board off and wake him up while hes bleeding every where from his mouth then i drove him to his place on my sled. It scared the ch!t out of me he was fine and boarding in a couple of days but not a fun day at all

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had plenty, moto-x, fighting, hockey, fighting :p I actually go for my MRI on the 25th for another concussion LOL, 2 CT scans werent good enough I spose grrrrr NOT FUN

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had plenty, moto-x, fighting, hockey, fighting :p I actually go for my MRI on the 25th for another concussion LOL, 2 CT scans werent good enough I spose grrrrr NOT FUN

probably get let's concussions if you were less lippy......and stopped hitting on straight guys.....:beer:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a mild one when I was 9ish in hockey. All I did was fall right on the back of my head, I never got it checked by the doctor but I had horrible headaches for quite awhile. I am 15 now and get some brutal headaches! It seems like once my head gets rattled the slightlest little bit, if I am exerting a lot of energy like hockey it just makes it way worse within a matter of minutes. If I am dirtbiking and take a decent crash and rattle my head then keep riding it gets unbearable and I can hear this throbbing and once I cool down and relax it gets worse... This has happened quite a bit so I thing I've got a few concussions over the years but just never ignologed it.. Probably should've. Oh and now if I am Doing
Flips and such on the trampoline or moving my head a lot I get this Horable pain in the back of my head. Now that I am in bantam hockey I am 5,10 so I don't get knocked around as much but when I do get hit its by the biggest guy on the team and that causes some bad headaches.. But it's expected when your hit hard enough to warp your helmet and cage..

Sent from my mobile telephone

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit my head snowboarding, was going full tilt and caught an edge and face smash, made a huge pool of blood and a blood vessel apparently came out of my nose. I was out, only remember flashes now.....that night if you told me a story, the second after I completely forgot. They called my parents and asked if they could come to the hospital hours away because I was being a handful.......I woke up and I remember wiggling my toes hands arms legs to do a body check of why the hell im in the hospital. I went to the bathroom and got screamed at to go to bed, and i was like uh just going to the bathroom, and why am i here??? Apparently was trying to fight everyone, would not get into a nighty no matter what, and then i was a complete 180 once i was out of my concussion. My legs were hanging off the bed and i flipped out WHO DO THEY MAKE THESE BEDS FOR MIDGETS??? haha. I kept telling them my aunt was a nurse at this hospital over and over and no one listened till finally one nurse got fed up and said ok who is it then? and i told her my aunts name and they knew her and freaked and phoned her right away but she was in mexico or somewhere.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Concussions are finally being taken seriously. I'm only 48 and I'm really starting to feel the effects of at least 6 to 8 good concussions over my time. (that I can remember:confused:) Football. Goalie in ice hockey. Snowboarding. Skiing and the worst one was at a water slide...Got knocked out a couple of times and just kept on playing. No rest, no break. Memory is a mess. Migraine headaches. Dizzy spells. Hearing loss. Get a concussion, take a break and be careful after!!!!

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have more than my fair share the last one was a gooder ended up in the milard brain injury clinic for about 4 months had to learn how to read again was really photo senseative for a few years it would give my really nasty migraines still have issues with it, mood swings, headaches hard to focas for extended periods of time docs said no more next one might put me on the short bus with a helmet on.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have more than my fair share the last one was a gooder ended up in the milard brain injury clinic for about 4 months had to learn how to read again was really photo senseative for a few years it would give my really nasty migraines still have issues with it, mood swings, headaches hard to focas for extended periods of time docs said no more next one might put me on the short bus with a helmet on.

Holy Ryan! That is a crazy story :( Those must have been some doozey melon-bonkings!!

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I've allways had a superman complex was really good at the flying, the landings not so much:nono:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a bit more than a concussion. That's a serious brain injury, not that a concussion isn't but yours sounds far more serious. Glad you're OK. (You are OK aren't you?):beer:

Top Bottom