Con rods breaking on turbo motors...

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my first one went down it was mag side lower rod bearing, it was blued right out, piston wasn't seized or scored so that is oil related to me. With the new one I went to heavy oil and it has lasted waaay longer and I ride this one a lot harder too. Had the clutch off last week to change out to tra race, checked run out, still in spec and compression over 140 each side. Its working for me.. Just letting ya know what im doin, nobody likes loosing a motor.

chad006

Reaction score
were you adding oil to your fuel when you took out mag side? That's the first mag side rod I've heard of failing.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a weird scenario when it went down, I was oiling @ 50:1 with no oil pump boost no intercooler 5lbs boost straight 100ll, rode renshaw all day ran out of fuel at the saddle, put in 15ltrs of straight av no oil in the gerrys cuz I forgot that day. Rode for another hour to the cabin hung out there for an hour. Got goin down the trail and poof crapped the bed cruising down the trail off boost going 30km/h down the trail. When it broke it broke at the lower bearing and put a fist size hole in the bottom end. you could see the rod dangling lol. the top end was fine coulda put the jug head and pistons on another short block. The one and only day I ever ran straight fuel to it, it went down...

coincidence? you tell me..

Last edited:
Top Bottom