1000K mav turbo review !

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of Troys covers on my commander and it's awesome. Great fit and finish and very durable. Even on a hot day after being out for a couple hours you can rest your bare leg against the console without burning yourself like you would if it was on the plastic. Some noise reduction but really helps with heat.
He just spent a bunch of time and money developing one for a turbo Mav so I'd be surprised if he wasn't selling them any more.
I shot him a text and he does still have them for sale, a while back I saw he had some supplier trouble but I guess that was like a year and a half ago lol. he's the go to guy for commander mods. I know he's broken pretty much every part possible on his before he got the mav

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing the new X3 is quite cool in the cab ... The first ride reports are coming in and they are very impressive to say the least
Sounds like this machine is a game changer in many ways .... Not much in common with the current Mav turbo at all ...
A buddy of mine says suspension and power is in a whole new league ...

Wpnder if popo will start all over or just add more power , if they ever get the turbo fire issue fixed ...,,soon .

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the new frame and rear motor positioning it had to get better in the cab. The console cover is legit for heat reduction as all you'll feel is from the shifter which can be solved with some foam. I'm interested in the noise from the diffs as mine whines really loud at certain rpm/speeds.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy how cheap the new yamahas YXZ are selling for down south ... Can't give them away for 14000$ ....WOW
They sure missed the target with that unit ....
There is even talk of a bunch going to auctions to the public ...,

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy how cheap the new yamahas YXZ are selling for down south ... Can't give them away for 14000$ ....WOW
They sure missed the target with that unit ....
Thete is talk of a bunch going to auctions to the public ...,

Do they come with an extra clutch

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they come with an extra clutch

Apparently, according to reviews you don't need a clutch .... LOL

From UTV Canada:

• Rookie drivers will be able to drive and shift this machine

• You don’t even have to take your foot off the throttle to shift

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well another 150 k in extreme wet muddy conditions on the turbo mav ... And not one issue . Very happy , and a beast in the tough going !
Have yet to run across a New Yamaha on the trails ... Up here . The last ride would of put it to the test for sure .... Seat deep water & mud for 8 hrs ... It tests your cooling , wiring , axles , and belts/clutches in a hurry !!
Great ride , and that wild cat still impresses me a lot too.....!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great testing over 5 days on advanced rider trails

Top Bottom