Coming off XTX to MTX

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I've gotten a couple of rides in on the 09 Nytro MTX, and all I can say is I wish I would have gone that way the first time. Last year I picked up a Nytro fx Shorty lengthened to 136, geared down, put risers on, and made the perfect trail sled, but in any kind of loose snow the sled just can't hook up. The MTX is like night and Day and if I had to give anyone my opinion if your sitting on the fence between a xtx or mtx, go with the mtx, you will not regret it, skis, track, handlebar height, even a 12v plug in!!!. So onto my next point anyone want to buy a 08 nytro custom?.... Just joking, the Mrs. has her on little toy now to.

Well New to the site and I'll be back for more!!!

What's Life if you're not having FUN:bullrider:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you really want a mountain sled i would buy sometning else. stock nytro you will need to spend extra cash and still won't ever be close to a 800XP or a dragon 800. nytro is a 600 class sled. don't get me wrong, i have an 09XP and a 08 nytro mtx and really like to ride it but there is no comparison in the snow between the two sleds. at this moment i am doing a lot of upgrades to the track, susp, clutch and gearing, thats for starters. these upgrades will make a huge diff in the sled but at alot of extra cost. if your staring from scratch buy something else. keep your cash in your pocket.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if you have the cash, nytros are just nuts when they are mods, apex's to.. Just look at imsick's apex and rknight111's nytro.. betcha they will outclimb your xp..

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you really want a mountain sled i would buy sometning else. stock nytro you will need to spend extra cash and still won't ever be close to a 800XP or a dragon 800. nytro is a 600 class sled. don't get me wrong, i have an 09XP and a 08 nytro mtx and really like to ride it but there is no comparison in the snow between the two sleds. at this moment i am doing a lot of upgrades to the track, susp, clutch and gearing, thats for starters. these upgrades will make a huge diff in the sled but at alot of extra cost. if your staring from scratch buy something else. keep your cash in your pocket.

I don't think you read that right, I already bought the MTX, and I have also rode an XP, very nice sled, but I will never buy another 2 stroke, and quite honestly I'm not interested in making sure I have the highest mark on the hill, I thought this sport was about going out and having fun. I do agree with the fact you cannot compare the two because they are 2 different sleds with different capabilities. But lets face it Rider experience and capaibilty will outshine the sheer performance of a snowmobile unless you plan on pointing and punching. As well I do plan on keeping my cash by not replacing the motor in my sleds every 1500km.

In the future make sure you read what was wrote before you reply and start getting threads onto a different topic than what they were meant to be.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plus dont forget if your a ruff and tumble rider the ole XP tunnel can't hold a candle to the strength of a nytro.:nono: trust me :d

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think you read the post "doesn't matter" I already bought the mtx and I and just talking about the difference between it and my converted xtx. I have been riding my mtx around home breaking it in, in about 2-3 ft of great pow and I'm impressed to say the least.
That is wonderful that you like your xp but like any sled there are ups and downs. the nytro could have a better track but for what i want it is suitable plus the much higher durometer track on the nytro will last much longer, the stucture and motor of the nytro is bullet proof, with a fool proof proven clutch system, which I can not say for the xp(my number one riding partner is on a 08 xp 800r but only a 146), and if we want to talk hp, real world dyno, has the torque higher than the 800r 80% of the time exept for wide open throttle(which you will only do so long on a 2 stroke before the heli is coming for ya, and hp a difference of 10hp (dyno) is only noticable by the skill of a rider.

I don't disagree that you can spend alot of money on a nytro, and the thought of a turbo gets me excited, but I don't believe I could justify it for the tree and bowl riding I do. If we do talk cash, each time I fill my Nytro with 87 octane I save $10-20 over the premium and XPS oil you need for a 800r, quickly paying for any kind of upgrades I may want to do and you can be into a brand new nytro full turbo upgrade and the equipment to handle it for $20 000 and pushing 250hp. look at the dollars to hp and still having reliable 4 stroke power, you can't beat it.

What I like about the XP are the skis, handlebars, RER (ohh how that is nice) and the look of the sled, But for me the MTX was the logical choice.

First Post and already into the debates

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here here! i couldnt of said it better!!!!although things seem better out of the box, its in the long run where i see the true test. i think u may have hit it on the button there chemmod aside from my current and continuous statement that the XP is as brittle as a worn out trojan how can you argue against an engine that is more reliable than your grandmas cooking!!!! xtx, mtx? its all the same yamahas best i tell ya :d:beer:

Top Bottom