Nytro MTX questions

faller_1

Reaction score
:d hey man I have had many different sleds from 1973 and on ....the "hole" experience was about horse power and the type of riding you do.
From running trapline to guiding and scouting.
I know the rockies,caribou and coastal ranges better than most and the Island was my back yard for quit a while til I moved to a remote part of the rockies
you wont be disapointed in a nytro mtx
I found a demo for $6800
as for the turbo to much money right now unless you find a used turbo'd sled that fits the budget
the stock sled runs like a pissed off 700 two stroke
We have 3 tin cans already ,all polaris from 180hp unionbay down to 440 pro x
oh ya m7 kittn my daughter rides
You can do any thing with this sled getin stuck is half the fun,that means your gettin out there and getin after it!!!
Go for it don't be scared be prepared!!! woooohooo!!! love sledin!!!

1972bone

Reaction score
I have an 08 nytro mtx and it is stock except for I put on a 162" Challenger Extreme 2.5" and installed a steering post relocator. These mods totally changed the performance of the sled and are must do's IMO. I also have ice scratchers and tightened the limiter straps and my sliders have lasted 2000 kms.
Pros
I like the rider position - its easy to stand up on and comfortable.
4 stroke reliability is awesome.
No 2 stroke oil or smoke.
Good torque and smooth power.
Cons
Stock maverick track sucks.
Heavier than a 2 stroke - you will definitely notice the difference in the mountains. Riding a 2 stroke after a nytro feels like a toy.
Rear suspension seems to sack out after a couple of seasons.

With the new track on my nytro, I could keep up to stock 2 stroke 800's under most conditions, but after riding it for 3 seasons, I think that my next sled would be an M8 or M1000 mainly due to the weight.

cobbster

Reaction score
I bought the 50th aniversary mtx in 08 and realy like it.(153)
It has about 2200 km and has been trouble free,started at -24 celcius after being trailered for two hours on the second crank.
I am also an average rider and after getting used to the nytro,am very satisfied, remember they are all heavy when there stuck.
The maverick track is folding over but has no lug damage so far.
I have upgraded the rear suspension with Timbersled and found a huge differance.
Still running the original belt and plugs.
Fuel economy is good and the sled loves to climb.
Hand gripps are a little on the cool side but upgrade is available.
All things said I am very happy with my Nytro.:)

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode my 08 nytro stock for a year. all i changed was put on a 162 track, camo extream. was night and day difference.. i also out floats on the front.. other then that i was able to keep up with anyone anywhere other then for climbing. the sled is very nymble, easy to throught from side to side. and just chugged alog. i could easly go a full day with out needed fuel. i know have about 18000km on my sled. and have yet to have one problem. other then the usual wear and tear items. and after 4000km it was turbowd and then all lightweight parts and such. if you are thinking the 162, it will fit under the stock tunnel no problem.

even if you dont do the turbo and such.. i would say change to at least a timbersled rear skid. makes the back extreamly light.

but all in all i love my sled.

i have also rode m8's m1000. the rev, xp new etec. the dragons.

i like the m chassie, and the new xp chassie. just cuz they are easy to go from the nytro to them.

but i love my nytro.. all it costs me a year is about 500$ for a preseason service and thats it for matiance.

nosaj82

Reaction score
Hey,
I ride an 08 Nytro MTX and the first season i had it i rode it stock in the mountains and to be honest, it sucked. Its way under powered and mainly due to the weight factor. The next season i was going to get rid of it and go back to the two stroke until i decided to turbo it, best investment ever. I love the sled now and will never ride another sled unless its turbo'd. I know its an expensive investment for a sled but it is much needed on these four strokes if you want to play on the hills and in the deep stuff. Other then that, its a great all around sled, i have had no issues with mine other then the damage i have done to it myself. Little note - the sub frames that holds the front end together is fairly weak so be careful, if you hit anything and bend some arms u better check the sub fram as well. i had to replace mine once already. You must turbo it bud and i swear u will love it

Top Bottom