cold and expensive first ride

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we decide to go up north to little fishing sledding and it was -30+ there hand warmers quit working at the begging of the ride. the snow wasnt bad in place but still not enough as i found out the hard way on the way back i hit a big rock and bent my trailing arm. not good for the begging of the season

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya she was chilly today. gives you an excuse to get some nice lightweight ones. it was fun just pissing around in the ditch but the trail was pretty boring.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple buddys of mine just welded their arm together, and welded angle steel to the bottom inside of the trailing arm. They would bend them all the time with really agressive riding until the angle steel was added, i think the pros have it as well as the bigger size arm. To cover the break they covered it with a chunk of duck tape and if any one asked they said the tape was holding it together haha.

I my self bent a arm but took a bullit and bought a new one, same thing early riding slid across a rock around a corner and clipped a 6 inch round tree.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least you dont have frost bite from the ride...my nose is pretty raw...and thumb wasnt much better...i agree...ditch was way more fun

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is enough snow up there to ride with 2" paddles?

My parents have a cabin at Ministikwan but I've never thought of bringing my sled there. I know there are quite a few quad trails in the area, but in past years (with exception to last year) they typically don't get a lot of snow.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple buddys of mine just welded their arm together, and welded angle steel to the bottom inside of the trailing arm. They would bend them all the time with really agressive riding until the angle steel was added, i think the pros have it as well as the bigger size arm. To cover the break they covered it with a chunk of duck tape and if any one asked they said the tape was holding it together haha.

I my self bent a arm but took a bullit and bought a new one, same thing early riding slid across a rock around a corner and clipped a 6 inch round tree.
Thing with that is if the A-arm doesn't bend, something really expensive might.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is enough snow up there to ride with 2" paddles?

My parents have a cabin at Ministikwan but I've never thought of bringing my sled there. I know there are quite a few quad trails in the area, but in past years (with exception to last year) they typically don't get a lot of snow.

theres just enough snow to go with the 2" paddles. alot better then down here. you can't even sled down here. ya we have a seasonal site at ministikwan. tons of quad trails, enough to never go on the same one twice. up north there usually has more snow then lloyd.

billyb

Reaction score
Thing with that is if the A-arm doesn't bend, something really expensive might.

I did something similar and bent the hell out of the front bulkhead. Had to use hydralic port-a-powers and a winch to try and straiten the front end. We never did get it back to original. One ski was 2" ahead of the other.

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did something similar and bent the hell out of the front bulkhead. Had to use hydralic port-a-powers and a winch to try and straiten the front end. We never did get it back to original. One ski was 2" ahead of the other.

mine isnt quite an inch thank god... been up at ministikawin for 4 years now with a seasonal enjoying every minute of being able to just get up and go riding for the day

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres just enough snow to go with the 2" paddles. alot better then down here. you can't even sled down here. ya we have a seasonal site at ministikwan. tons of quad trails, enough to never go on the same one twice. up north there usually has more snow then lloyd.

Are you up on the hill or in the rows at Ministikwan if in the rows which one?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine isnt quite an inch thank god... been up at ministikawin for 4 years now with a seasonal enjoying every minute of being able to just get up and go riding for the day

How about you where at Ministikwan is your site?
I am there as well.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you up on the hill or in the rows at Ministikwan if in the rows which one?

both me and rmksledder are down in the rows on row 2. the polaris crew. we are on the corner where the little corner monument is and they are down the row farther with the big red quad trailer.

go there every weekend. quadding, golfing and of course out on the water.

Top Bottom