Clutching the Rev.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rev 840 bb that I just took out for the first rip yesterday and it ran good. I have a DJ clutch kit in it and reduced gearing 19/47. The sled is reving 8000rpm on clicker #4 where it was from prior to rebuild. The belt is not riding up the sheaves all the way on the primary. What should I do?

Thanks
I have to update my sig.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have a rev 840 bb that I just took out for the first rip yesterday and it ran good. I have a DJ clutch kit in it and reduced gearing 19/47. The sled is reving 8000rpm on clicker #4 where it was from prior to rebuild. The belt is not riding up the sheaves all the way on the primary. What should I do?

Thanks
I have to update my sig.

Go with a lower number finish rate on the primary spring. If the engagement is ok, keep that the same. Funny, if you have more power, you should be going with more spring rate in the primary, and then heavier pin weight. I would also run a new 377 belt as well. And, go from there.....Its fun tuning these things........What pin weight has Joey got ya runnin?

Last edited:

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duck I am running aPL/PK (160.350) Spring
and I am not sure about the pin weight this minute but I am running a new 377.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to change out a couple of things and let you know what I find out. I am on the right track just need a bit of more tinkering. Going to change some pin weight and a spring.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 415 ramps, 160/320. 1mm over sized roller and 16g pin weights. It holds a needle width over 8k on clicker 1. 19/45 gearing with a little to steep of a secondary helix, can't remember the #'s off hand. Spins the track out from under it fairly easy but when I find traction it sure gets exciting.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

hpjunkie

Reaction score

Thanks
I have to update my sig.

Whose 840 kit do u have? What is recommended rpm? What size drivers?

Top Bottom