clutch

shitface

Reaction score
i just bought a 09 grizzly very nice but want a little more power cause im looking at putting 28 on it what should i do to my clutch to give it some more power or what clutch kit should i be looking at

Bryan

Reaction score
A 800 Outlander would have done the trick !! No clutch stuff needed.
haha

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i read a post done by keith660 were you replace 4 of the 8 700 weights with 450 weights wow what a cheep and effective way to gain back the power lost when you put beast tires on
do a search of snow and mud.com you will find his post

H.C.

Reaction score
google:
Dalton industries clutch kits
or
Highlifter Outlaw clutch kits
Both are quality products.

keith660

Reaction score
I've put on quite a few miles with the 4-450 weights, 4-660 wgts and it works great! You'll lose some top end but excellent gain on the bottom end. Same goes for the 700 grizz.
keith 660

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shitface ... besides just installing the 450 & 660 rollers in your Grizz, there are a couple other options to consider.

First, I assume you have the 700 Grizz being an 09 ? Correct ? (Hey, just making sure)

Now if you're gonna run 28's ... EPI makes a great clutch kit. It includes a secondary spring, roller weights, & starter springs for your wet clutch. Yup, you have to tear into the side of the motor a little & install a new side clutch gasket. The starter springs are stiffer, from what I'm told, so your wet clutch doesn't slip getting the bigger tires rolling. So you have to decide on that statement if ya go along with it or not.
For 28's I think that kit runs between $200 & $300 U.S., depending if ya get a belt kit or not. Check this out.

Next, Fix Power Sports sells a machined sheave for your primary clutch. I installed one in my 660 (along with the Dalton rollers I already had for 27's) and Dang Dude, it's awesome ... They run about $260 U.S. check this link out. BTW, if you were to go this route, call'em for shipping to Canada.

Granted, doing just the 450 & 660 weights is cheaper ... & you may be totally happy ... but, these other kits are built for running larger tires & take other clutching aspects into consideration ... like downshifting, belt squeeze, belt slippage, wet clutch grip & or slippage, etc.

One other thing, on the 700 I read that fuel optimizers, DynaTek CDI's, to name few, add-ons really wake the 700 up & make it run better & stronger as well. Oh yeah ... and a filter, a pipe ... Hey, Speed & Performance aren't cheap dude ... so crack the wallet open & build it to really rip !!!

Later ...

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Bryan, No clutch needed ??

I tried to find something here on the forum, like a garage, to see what mods you've done & what size tires you're runn'in, but couldn't find anything .... so ...

The Grizzly doesn't NEED any clutch mods either ... guys do it to get the MOST out of their machine for what they're do'in with it.

So, if you're runn'in larger tires & everything is still stock ... my question to you is ... Why ??
If ya did a tad bit of modif'in it, just think how much better it'd run ... unless more speed scares ya ?? .... LOL !!!! .... Easy Big Fella, just giv'in ya some friendly crap !

Anyway Big Guy, check out this link for your machine. I read on another forum where a guy did these mods, clutch & pipe ... & he had a little video of him ripp'in around .... holy crap !!!! ... I haven't checked out the Can-Am pages on this site ... no need, I ride a Grizzly .... WOO HOO !!! (Love the Can-Am's however)
Can Am Mega Power Pipes and Sport and Utility Power Shift Clutch Kits

Later ...

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, No, No Mongrol .... not a REAL live furry Grizzly .... the Yamaha ATV Grizzly ..... Jeez .... I have to watch you every minute .... just like the dang kids ... :d

Later ...

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah ... like you told me I'm suppose to use a boat when going down a river .... not my ATV with tracks on ! ..... :eek:

Later ...

Top Bottom