Clutch seized on?!

dirtygirll

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, got a scrambler500 and i'm trying to take the clutch, used the puller but it seems to b seized?! I don't know, what should I try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause my phone is glued to my hand

Reaction score
Hello

An old mechanics trick is to put the puller in till it is very tight, make sure you lube the threads so it can't sieze. You will know you got it tight when it won't turn holding clutch with one hand and wrench in other. Take a soft hammer like a dead blow or a brass hammer, no steel or you hurt the puller, and hit the end of the puller straight on. Should cause the crank to move away from clutch when it is hit. We do it all the time to remove fly wheels. There is a clutch tool that uses this technic to pop them off, it threads into the crank instead of the clutch.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

dirtygirll

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx, don't need it off anymore but might try it anyways. Was trying to get it off to get the tranny out but got it out by taking off the chain sprocket and out it came. got a tranny??? Lol

Reaction score
No tranny and the one I got won't fit your unit. I think my engine is the same as yours but it isn't going back into a polaris. :eek:

The quad it came from had a tranny problem too, so bad it was cheaper for the fellow to part out the machine and buy a differant one. I got the whole engine with clutch and brains for a song.

Hope you do better than he did. Try the wrecker north of the yellowhead about 159st. When I was in for parts a week or two ago he just got a bunch of pol parts from a dealer going under.

Good luck.

PS: you got any tools for opening the clutch? I got one I need to set the belt width on.

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hole quad, but its a exploder

Thanx, don't need it off anymore but might try it anyways. Was trying to get it off to get the tranny out but got it out by taking off the chain sprocket and out it came. got a tranny??? Lol

dirtygirll

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta b a tranny out of an 02 scrambler 4x4, anyone???

Top Bottom