Clutch kits for 2015 T3 - opinions?

GregW

Reaction score
Hey all T3 guys, have no real issues with the stock clutching, have read a little hear and there about various clutching packages. Anybody have any real life experience with them and how did they really work? Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your $350 for sled fuel and beer they come clutched very well these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct.. The stock unit comes clutched and geared very well stock.. Depending on rider size and riding style, improvements can be made..

Installed an ibackshift mtn kit on my 174.. Personally found it to be a major improvement. Bottom end engagement is more linear and doesn't grab as quick letting you get the sled on it's side and and up on the snow. In the trees or technical area allows for a quick throttle drop and rev back up without any hesitation in the clutches and doesn't skip itself up. On the descend the sled holds a steady speed and doesn't require the big throttle burp on bottom to get things back rolling.. WOT holds rpm like a rock. Dialed in for clicker 3 and 1 clicker = 100rpm so elevation adjustments made easy.
Noticed that ETEC jakebrake nose making thing when i burp the throttle hard is gone now too...

Worked with Joe on the tuning and setup, install was straight fwd..

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct.. The stock unit comes clutched and geared very well stock.. Depending on rider size and riding style, improvements can be made..

Installed an ibackshift mtn kit on my 174.. Personally found it to be a major improvement. Bottom end engagement is more linear and doesn't grab as quick letting you get the sled on it's side and and up on the snow. In the trees or technical area allows for a quick throttle drop and rev back up without any hesitation in the clutches and doesn't skip itself up. On the descend the sled holds a steady speed and doesn't require the big throttle burp on bottom to get things back rolling.. WOT holds rpm like a rock. Dialed in for clicker 3 and 1 clicker = 100rpm so elevation adjustments made easy.
Noticed that ETEC jakebrake nose making thing when i burp the throttle hard is gone now too...

X2, same kit same sled and same results. Can't go wrong.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had Darrell Baker do a little clutch work to my T3 and it made a noticeable difference. Or keep ur cash in ur pocket..

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

is there anything different that you have in your kit then what a guy would purchase when u select the kit?"

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who sells the backshift mtn kit your referring to?
website ...ibackshift, dynamojoe is the name, i run one of joe's kits on my t3, new helix, sec spring, primary spring, and weight kit. as stated works good, nice backshift in the tree type riding, good engine braking

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered over the phone.. On the website it's the high elevation mountain kit.

Came with a shorter primary spring for lower engagement
New pins for primary rollers that are internally threaded and a bag of small threaded weights. Joe will help you with how much weight to run and you thread the weights into roller pins on install.
New secondary spring
Secondary helix

Ran the stock 441 ramps

Tough to catch him on the phone.. Sent an email asking for a call and in a couple days he called me, chatted about setup and 2 days later, purolator showed up..

Top Bottom