clutch issue

rounder

Reaction score
having a problem with my 02 kawasakai kx250. when i pull the clutch in and put into gear it jumps forward and stalls. the only way i can get it into gear without stalling is to give it gas while im putting into gear. after that i can sit there all day with clutch pulled in and start riding as usual. it goes through all gears while riding as usual but if i stop and put into neutral and then try to put into gear im back to square one with the no gas = stalling issue. any help is greatly appreciated:beer:

crazy240sx

Reaction score
maybe try adjusting your clutch cable, it might just not be disengaging far enough and catching too much when you put it in gear, mine did that.. Just needed an adjustment and good to go

rounder

Reaction score
thanks guys i rode today and it seems that it is not fully disengaging. while its in gear at idle it feels as tho it wants to move forward.thought maybe the oil was just needing to warm up but i rode for about 2 hours and it did it the whole time. ill try adjusting the cable and see where it goes from there. :confused:

Waxy

Reaction score
Sounds like your clutch is somewhat worn and needs adjusting. If there isn't enough adjustment left, you're likely looking at new plates at the least (cheap), and possibly a new basket if it's worn or grooved.

Revving it up and dumping it into gear is REALLY bad news for your transmission, so you don't want to be doing that. As dirt bike fixing costs go, clutches aren't too bad, transmissions on the other hand...

Waxy

Top Bottom