Close Call Going up the Passing Lane at Albert Canyon East of Revy

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They made some changes to the #1 west of Louise just before you head down to Field. There's a centre barrier and a new east bound truck chain-off pull-out. Three times now, heading west, I've had vehicles coming at me on the wrong side of the barrier. Two were semis. I'm not sure what's confusing the east bound drivers.
Probably confused by the signs in English?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not only truckers, have had many issues with passenger vehicles that think it's time to speed up from 90 to 120 in the passing lanes only to slow back down to 90 after the passing lanes ends.

Mike_1987

Reaction score
That's probably why the highway is currently closed down in Glacier National Park according to the BC highway app. It seems like you constantly have to check to see if the highway is open before driving that highway.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's probably why the highway is currently closed down in Glacier National Park according to the BC highway app. It seems like you constantly have to check to see if the highway is open before driving that highway.
Yup mvi and avy control all nite till tomorrow too

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did up a little video from the trip home from Revy. I just passed a truck and car and luckily I was able to pull back into the slow lane. I always say the dangers are on the hi-ways not so much on the Mountain.

Watch out for the bad truckers. It's getting worse. Poor training, low pay, new "drivers" etc. This video shows just as small taste of what I have seen over the years! One time I had to go four wide in a passing lane!

I have been contacted by http://castanet.net from Kelowna and they are going to do a write up about it so watch for that.

https://youtu.be/bXjKWlPTrBA
In that same stretch on the corner turning to the left we were in the inside lane passing slowly but passing and a RIG came downhill in our lanes, if we weren’t apprehensive and just drove in that lane like we owned it would be dead. Like you we were super aware at the time. I always tell my wife the 20 trips a year to revy is more dangerous than sledding.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is corner is bad cause alot of drivers think they are done with all the big hills and come cooking into that corner. They can stop, so they either rear end the truck infront or roll the dice in the passing lane.

HWy can't get twinned fast enough.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is corner is bad cause alot of drivers think they are done with all the big hills and come cooking into that corner. They can stop, so they either rear end the truck infront or roll the dice in the passing lane.

HWy can't get twinned fast enough.

yeah 100 years from now it might be 4 lanes

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thought about getting a dash camera. After running that highway every weekend from Nov 1 till April 15 from Calgary to revy for 10 years. I'd have a cool "highway of hell" documentary of weird, clueless, useless, arrogant, pompous, bigger then you attitude drivers of all vehicles. But the 18 wheelers are a tad more dangerous, and you have to drive with a confident exit strategy!!!!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In that same stretch on the corner turning to the left we were in the inside lane passing slowly but passing and a RIG came downhill in our lanes, if we weren’t apprehensive and just drove in that lane like we owned it would be dead. Like you we were super aware at the time. I always tell my wife the 20 trips a year to revy is more dangerous than sledding.
Yeah no difference between being in the right and dead or just dead.

Really have to watch out for these morons.

I try to stay outta passing lanes where possible.
And the real ****ty ones like in Albert canyon and the one by bear falls I make sure I am well spaced out from everyone before hand.

I also find keeping the keeping the gps up and zoomed properly really helps with planning coming into corners.

Also having a radio on Ladd 1 is a huge help. The real truck drivers are awesome and they all talk and work together. You will know exactly where the problem spots are.

Top Bottom