Close Call Going up the Passing Lane at Albert Canyon East of Revy

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did up a little video from the trip home from Revy. I just passed a truck and car and luckily I was able to pull back into the slow lane. I always say the dangers are on the hi-ways not so much on the Mountain.

Watch out for the bad truckers. It's getting worse. Poor training, low pay, new "drivers" etc. This video shows just as small taste of what I have seen over the years! One time I had to go four wide in a passing lane!

I have been contacted by http://castanet.net from Kelowna and they are going to do a write up about it so watch for that.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did up a little video from the trip home from Revy. I just passed a truck and car and luckily I was able to pull back into the slow lane. I always say the dangers are on the hi-ways not so much on the Mountain.

Watch out for the bad truckers. It's getting worse. Poor training, low pay, new "drivers" etc. This video shows just as small taste of what I have seen over the years! One time I had to go four wide in a passing lane!

I have been contacted by http://castanet.net from Kelowna and they are going to do a write up about it so watch for that.

https://youtu.be/bXjKWlPTrBA
See it every week driving from Sicamous to salmon arm

Dumb chits they are

And yes that's my thoughts too when I used to drive out to sled, was going to be something like that and not a avalanche that killed me

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there anyone in the passing lane behind you? That would have been very sketchy.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there anyone in the passing lane behind you? That would have been very sketchy.

I just past a car. I was maybe two truck lengths. I know I was past the car not even sure I had time to check my mirrors. I have a rear camera set up too and I did see that car behind me between the sleds in the rear video.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the commentary I watched it a few times with the volume cranked close call for sure glad you made it

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Main reason I quit riding in BC. I always told my family to not worry about me on the hill, it's the trip out and back that's the issue. The risk is still there in the US, but I don't seem to see the trucker stupidity in that country that we see up here. I'm just going to leave it at that.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too! Yes I had to add a few beeps there was quite a bit of foul language.
That's done of the reason I haven't put my dash cam I got fir Christmas last year, I'm afraid the cops will hear what I say in the vehicle at that point lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's done of the reason I haven't put my dash cam I got fir Christmas last year, I'm afraid the cops will hear what I say in the vehicle at that point lol

It’s easy to remove the sound.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They made some changes to the #1 west of Louise just before you head down to Field. There's a centre barrier and a new east bound truck chain-off pull-out. Three times now, heading west, I've had vehicles coming at me on the wrong side of the barrier. Two were semis. I'm not sure what's confusing the east bound drivers.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They made some changes to the #1 west of Louise just before you head down to Field. There's a centre barrier and a new east bound truck chain-off pull-out. Three times now, heading west, I've had vehicles coming at me on the wrong side of the barrier. Two were semis. I'm not sure what's confusing the east bound drivers.

Now that you mention that reminds me I had one truck pull out in front me thinking he had some kind of lane to himself. Then on the way home a truck had his truck parked partially in the west bound lane!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just steering wheel holders now. Skin colour don't matter, almost been killed by all of them on the number 1.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it'd probably get embarrassing seeing all the videos of me flipping you off on the hwy too.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen this on sunday coming east. I was sitting in the chain off area, and was watching a mini van in the west bound lane, had a bunch of traffic coming right at them.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that highway is terrible. I have a hard time passing anyone in the passing lanes because you cant tell where they are and aparently neither can the oncoming traffic. Getting pinched out by 2 semi trucks is a regular occurrence on that road

Top Bottom