Clemina Avalanche Video

dan123

Reaction score
Whats a 440 Elan? LOL

40years riding?? you must know what that is??

whats said is said,,some of it may be dumb,,I'm Dumb though
look at my spelling>>lol

any way thats basically how i see it so just don't mind me..:beer:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan123,

So...your 29 and been riding since '94. There's a lot of us that are older and apparently much wiser and have logged quite a few more years in the back country than yourself.

You have spent a fair amount of time out there, but unfortunately, with your attitude, you're going to learn things the hard way:confused:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always find it interesting when someone says "if I die, so be it".

Death is probably better than ending up paralysed with a spinal cord injury. Maybe a quadrapalegic in a wheel chair moving only your eyes and mouth. Eating through a tube, having bowel movements in your diaper ( that someone will change for you), NO SEX, and all you've got left is your memories of how Macho that you, & only you, thought you were.

Yep, sounds good to me!

We all make our own decisions when we choose our poison.

And, just as an after thought, there's no such thing as a 440 Elan to my knowledge.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yikes, Ive been just reviewing this thread and are surprised at the comments. After Ive been involved in a Class 3 avalanche this year, that was 420m wide and ran out for 350m, and I was on the midslope of this hill about 20m from the slope itself, there was a 20m wide ditch at the base of the hill about 5m high, that filled up instantly, and then it came after us, we were on the rolling hills and trees and would never expect to see that. And it came fast, you only have a split second to think, pull your bag, hold on and try to run it out, well if you have a good run out, then giver. If the snow gets to you it can push you through the trees so hard, an avy bag won't do anything for you. I know I was there and experienced this, so no one is invinceable here, and I can tell you its the absolute worst feeling to have to pack your lifeless buddy off a hill to the chopper and then have to ride back to face whats next. Phoning family, friends, dealing with the police, coroner, avalance center, and everything else. I still have flashbacks of this tragedy and probably will for a long time, Its just not worth it.
I rode with Snowchuk and he is a great rider with alot of experience, and has alot of respect for the mountains and how they can bite back. I would take what he has to say and would ride with him and his group anyday.:d

dan123

Reaction score
Dan123,

So...your 29 and been riding since '94. There's a lot of us that are older and apparently much wiser and have logged quite a few more years in the back country than yourself.

You have spent a fair amount of time out there, but unfortunately, with your attitude, you're going to learn things the hard way:confused:

To be old ans wise you must first be young and stupid right??

Anyway I'm not here to start a piising match on who's done what,,
I went on a little rant,Sorry.

But if you have been riding longer than me you must realize by now
That you are never 100% safe when riding,,did any of you climb
ANY hills this year?? I bet ya did ,,most places you have to just
to get to the good stuff...

The :nono: and government are going to shut "us" down is what sets
me off,,lots of people died this year?yes. Have lots have died in the past?yes.
Government wants to shut us down,,and they will find away,,,I'll enjoy
while i can..

Is back country sleding a safe activity??IMO NO.

I enjoy it,,I may be stupid, but I seriously doupt any of you are in any less
danger than me when it comes to riding in steep and deep,,

there is Bad days every year it's warming up now things are gonna slide,,
You bin riding 20+ year? I value your opion,,

But people saying stay off the hills this year:nono:(which is almost over)
I say kick rocks i've bin up 1000hills this year,,hopefully 1000more next year

It's gonna be dangerous next year too,,just so ya all know...

I hope none of you get to worked up over this,,This is just one dumby's opion!

:beer:

dan123

Reaction score
And, just as an after thought, there's no such thing as a 440 Elan to my knowledge.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the rest of that ch!t,,
But google "440 Elan" then get back to me..mkay

Edit maby your right,i thing it might of bin a 'Mod' at any rate i'm glad the new sled are a little more peppy

dan123

Reaction score
LMAO... which one of the MODS let this @ss clown on this site? he has a pretty enticing hook, doesn't he? lol

Post on Clown123!

same person that let your dumb ass on the site(toronto boy,, that probobaly doesn't even ride),,,Mod go ahead and ban
me if I'm out of line,,,this web sledin is just gonna make me hate this sport

dan123

Reaction score
I know there real I've rode one(dono about a 440 theo)

Ya there real,,maybe not in a 440,,wouldn't be the first time i've been wrong..
and I have no problem admitting that...

I bet the 340 kicked some serious ass hill climbing though:p

340_ELAN_RNoakes.jpg

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wasnt denying they were real i was just saying it was impressive to see them at 7000ft
in the mountains after going up a pretty steep trail

4 sure, when I was up there one of the guys who was with us rode 07 mxz 121 550 and that thing was workin:beer::beer:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes, Ive been just reviewing this thread and are surprised at the comments. After Ive been involved in a Class 3 avalanche this year, that was 420m wide and ran out for 350m, and I was on the midslope of this hill about 20m from the slope itself, there was a 20m wide ditch at the base of the hill about 5m high, that filled up instantly, and then it came after us, we were on the rolling hills and trees and would never expect to see that. And it came fast, you only have a split second to think, pull your bag, hold on and try to run it out, well if you have a good run out, then giver. If the snow gets to you it can push you through the trees so hard, an avy bag won't do anything for you. I know I was there and experienced this, so no one is invinceable here, and I can tell you its the absolute worst feeling to have to pack your lifeless buddy off a hill to the chopper and then have to ride back to face whats next. Phoning family, friends, dealing with the police, coroner, avalance center, and everything else. I still have flashbacks of this tragedy and probably will for a long time, Its just not worth it.
I rode with Snowchuk and he is a great rider with alot of experience, and has alot of respect for the mountains and how they can bite back. I would take what he has to say and would ride with him and his group anyday.:d

Thanks for the support Ron, unfortunatly even first hand facts can't get through to some people. Truly unfortunate what they will put SAR,family and friends through. I'm sure we'll go for a ride or two next year buddy.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got more support than just Ron,Snochuk.I just hope arrogance like this doesn't ruin it for the responsible riders,like most of us.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okdoky,,i don't want to ride with you anyway so don't worry:d

I am going out on friday,, and if thats my my day to die,,
i don't need Any simpathy......

Happy trails bud:confused:

Dan123, I am a mother of 4 children whom I love with all my heart. If one of my kids said that I would be emotionally crushed. Life is a precious thing, that should never be taken for granted. Enjoy life to it's fullest, but for your mothers sake stay safe and make wise choices that keep you and those you ride with out of harms way.
Mom

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be old ans wise you must first be young and stupid right??

Anyway I'm not here to start a piising match on who's done what,,
I went on a little rant,Sorry.

But if you have been riding longer than me you must realize by now
That you are never 100% safe when riding,,did any of you climb
ANY hills this year?? I bet ya did ,,most places you have to just
to get to the good stuff...

The :nono: and government are going to shut "us" down is what sets
me off,,lots of people died this year?yes. Have lots have died in the past?yes.
Government wants to shut us down,,and they will find away,,,I'll enjoy
while i can..

Is back country sleding a safe activity??IMO NO.

I enjoy it,,I may be stupid, but I seriously doupt any of you are in any less
danger than me when it comes to riding in steep and deep,,

there is Bad days every year it's warming up now things are gonna slide,,
You bin riding 20+ year? I value your opion,,

But people saying stay off the hills this year:nono:(which is almost over)
I say kick rocks i've bin up 1000hills this year,,hopefully 1000more next year

It's gonna be dangerous next year too,,just so ya all know...

I hope none of you get to worked up over this,,This is just one dumby's opion!

:beer:

I can see that you don't read the reports, or look at the news...

WAIT! I know who you are... you are the sled I see all the time taking pokes at hills, that has slid the same season and killed someone... and that's ok... because the search staff will put aside their everyday lives, suit up, at any time, and do their best to put an end to the hell that has happened....whether it be now or within the next 1000 hills you carelessly poke at during the weak snowpack.
I almost see the S&R stress levels get to being close to ambulance workers, having to clean up the mess and go home and try to carry on with their days when they see their families.... but that's ok because you don't or won't see it.:confused:

in Hope creek,,,More people have Quit riding becuase of the places
i've took them then you would believe,,(including my own dad)

Hope creek has some of the safest riding, and lots of it. and lots of fugtarded areas too. I have been there countless times. The areas you go in are probably the steep slopes with huge terrain traps. I think I saw your tracks too. ya there are always HUGE slides, like 40 feet deep in the deposits, I have ridden over them to get into the riding area. it is a common slide area.
IMO, the risk getting into the area is 10X worse than the good riding.

Perhaps you can let us all know where you ride everytime... I would appreciate the heads up and go elsewhere.... no sense ruining my week too.

attitude has a lot of things to say. I am sure if I kindly mention that it is not safe to climb that hill, most would take heed in my comment, i think you wouldn't= bad attitude.

Top Bottom