Cleaning Black Brute Plastic

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the black plastic finish to shine once again..............?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeellllllllll, I think if you look closely, you might find a willow scratch or two on it.:D (Yes, I realize it's your Honda but I think it illustrates my point).

Attachments

• P1000038.JPG
    P1000038.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 140

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeellllllllll, I think if you look closely, you might find a willow scratch or two on it.:D (Yes, I realize it's your Honda but I think it illustrates my point).

I forgot about that little incident...............thanks for bringing that up again

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wash them good and then spray the black plastic with the stuff you use to shine your tires, makes them look new again.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wash them good and then spray the black plastic with the stuff you use to shine your tires, makes them look new again.

I tried that and it dindn't work that well........I actually used RV cleaner to clean it first and then put the tire shine on but maybe it just has to many scratches??

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Is it painted or molded plastic?...if it is molded take a heat gun after it will clean up all the scratches, do a test spot 1st

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
clean it up, remove scratches with a superfine grit sandpaper or try Murminators trick, then clear coat it.

H.C.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the black plastic finish to shine once again..............?

this is your answer, don't waste your time with anything else. dont use it on your seat or grips.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen shoe polish used in a movie( the worlds fastest indian)..he was putting it on the tires...who knows???

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mothers protectant seems to do the trick, especially on the molded plastic but dont put it on your seat!!! it gets awful slippery

Top Bottom