Clean look for turbo intake

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys are doing for getting the filter outside the plastics for there turbo for cold air, rather then under the hood.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys are doing for getting the filter outside the plastics for there turbo for cold air, rather then under the hood.

The XM's are pretty slick. You can just run a tube into the existing intake system. It draws right from the stock location.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XM's are pretty slick. You can just run a tube into the existing intake system. It draws right from the stock location.

Which might not work for you as I see you have a 1200. :)

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a Head light delete you can run it up into the Dash on the XP. Just tested it this weekend in some 2-3ft of freshies and its working great. Before I kept plugging off.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a Head light delete you can run it up into the Dash on the XP. Just tested it this weekend in some 2-3ft of freshies and its working great. Before I kept plugging off.

Im kinda thinking this is the only way of doing it I think to make it look half decent...as much as I would like to keep the headlights

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run a small LED where your lights were before and fit an intake
not as good as stock lights, but sure better then nothing coming down the trail in the dark.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep can do that too. I've ran a head light delete on all my XP's, so I run a vision x led between the handle bar risers.

Stewd

Reaction score
I had changed my 1200 over to water - air intercooler and was drawing off the front tunnel cooler, I had a bit of problem with overheating in warm conditions. I then installed the front mount BRP radiator with a fan that runs on a toggle switch, the added benefit that I hadn't planned on that it provides enough airflow into my intake to prevent the bog I would get before when boon docking in deep snow and the front would get covered with snow and clogged. Now (with my under hood intake) whenever I am running in deep snow and I forget to turn the fan on my sled will bog and as soon as I turn the fan on all short term bogs are gone. Kinda an unexpected benefit.

Top Bottom