CIBC Run For The Cure

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Hey all, most of you probably don't know me as I am more of a thread reader than a poster.

My wife and daughter are participating this weekend in the CIBC Run For The Cure to raise money for breast cancer research and awarness. This is her second year doing so. It"s been a hard year for my family as my mother was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer a year ago and then my wife, at 32 years of age, shortly afterwards with DCIS, which is a non-invasive form or the start of so to say. Also my mother in-law was a victim of this disease as well about 7 years ago. With many surgeries, all going through with lumpectomies and mastectomies, radiation and chemo, they can all be considerd survivors now. Given this crappy family history, it's a very real possibility my daughter who is 11 now will have to go through this herself at a very early age. Not to mention my son, yes guys can get it as well, who is almost 14.

To date my wife and her team have raised about $14,000 this year, which is very impressive in my mind. They are sitting third overall with respect to other teams and there fund raising. Anyone wishing to donate to their cause would be greatly appreciated. I know i have left this a little late, as the run is this Sunday, October 3rd.

Here are a couple links to my wife and daughters pages to donate if u wish. Thanks to everyone.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also doing the run.
I raised 1100$
I am running for my mother who fought a long and brave 19 year battle with this disease.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that CUSO. Perhaps one day nobody will have to go through that if enough effort is put into eradicating this disease.

Top Bottom