2020 cheddar European corona family vacation.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quarantine Day 12.

We have now all been tested and received our results! 8 for 8 all Negative. Almost wish we had it and we earned our immunity badge.

Now if only there was a place to go sledding for a day. I’m the safest person on the block. I could 100% drive to the hills and back with out any contact to another individual. Fuel, Gas, food, all from home. Defiantly more of a risk to go for groceries here at home. Obviously we will continue the social distancing practices and the same cautions moving forward.

Most are just assuming they don’t have it. I actually know!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
This is when having an old ambulance converted into a sled hauler would be kick azz - kick on the lights and head to the hills at 80 mph

They won't tow an ambulance....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is when having an old ambulance converted into a sled hauler would be kick azz - kick on the lights and head to the hills at 80 mph

They won't tow an ambulance....

Seen one in Mcbride, it was towing a sled trailer. I didn’t get a chance to talk to them but Im assuming they converted the inside with beds.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the chilln at home this spring and the bunked out vacation, we figured we would get a new puppy.

Small and cute for now...

8ff6a6afb87a3975eab589aa92d2bd77.jpg

a6f8939e2b9e6db8bb1067302075e710.jpg

b12e8f634180802aef54c2ddc38274bb.jpg

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet pictures, looks like fun. Good to hear you're family is 8 for 8 and no zombies. thanks for sharing.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like e a good time ,,, But you are a cruel man not having a snowflap on the sled towing the sleigh..

Just buggin ya,,,

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we received our notice from the travel insurance yesterday. They replied that $0 will be refunded of our $26,000 claim.

Insurance is a crime!

We had cancelation and interruption insurance. We called the insurance to inquire how we should proceed with our trip before we departed on March 10th. We were instructed that we would receive no refunds if we canceled at that time as there was no travel ban from Europe, Yet! They said wash your hands.

So we got on our flight. Before this flight landed, the travel bans were in place and I could no longer get to the country where my return ticket was departing from. The airline wanted 17,000$ to change that ticket. We were also not refunded for accommodations that we could not even get to if we wanted to.

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Had a 9 month go-around with Intact (Nordic - one of their subsidiaries) years ago after Slave Lake Fire. Eventually got a call from their "Ombudsman" - he said he is hired as a contractor to settle all claims one way or another - they have a limited time to get it off their books (Not sure if it was just a line or the truth?). We settled in less than 24 hrs for ~2.1/2 times more than their previous best offer.
What I learned is have to move up the chain of command till you get someone with some stroke - might take awhile.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we received our notice from the travel insurance yesterday. They replied that $0 will be refunded of our $26,000 claim.

Insurance is a crime!

We had cancelation and interruption insurance. We called the insurance to inquire how we should proceed with our trip before we departed on March 10th. We were instructed that we would receive no refunds if we canceled at that time as there was no travel ban from Europe, Yet! They said wash your hands.

So we got on our flight. Before this flight landed, the travel bans were in place and I could no longer get to the country where my return ticket was departing from. The airline wanted 17,000$ to change that ticket. We were also not refunded for accommodations that we could not even get to if we wanted to.

Tchetek, what is their reasoning for them denying the claim? I'm currently in limbo with manulife over a trip interruption claim from March for my wife and I's honeymoon. I keep getting the "we've had so many claims to deal with, it will take some time to review and process your claim". I'd say keep fighting and going up the ladder, thats total BS that you buy the insurance, get told its a legitimate claim and then get denied.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tchetek, what is their reasoning for them denying the claim? I'm currently in limbo with manulife over a trip interruption claim from March for my wife and I's honeymoon. I keep getting the "we've had so many claims to deal with, it will take some time to review and process your claim". I'd say keep fighting and going up the ladder, thats total BS that you buy the insurance, get told its a legitimate claim and then get denied.

What he said. Squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Stay on those pricks till they pay up.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Corona containment round 2
96c70e02-b6c0-48f1-ba40-20ac0da11d51

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids can’t play hockey.

Thats gonna fix this shat right up!

Top Bottom