what are we grateful for?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the doom and gloom what are you grateful for? Family, new sled, new wife, good health, anything? I will start. I more than grateful for my life with my wife. Sounds silly to some but to me it's not. Going on 35 years and will grow old with her. Also grateful for when I had cancer it didn't kill me. I feel with all the crap going on it's worth to step back and think "what are you grateful for?" One more I am grateful for my last ride 2 weeks ago and the 50cms on virgin powder

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what i continuly read on this forum there are not many grateful people here on S&M. Bitching and whinning thread's, one after another. Communist government, stupid government, can't go sledding, can't go play with my atv, can't go camping, OMG now the back country is closed....our rights are being taken away..... LOL
If you candy arses knew what having your rights taken away really was like. GRATEFUL, sounds to me these beotches know nothing of grateful, they have it too good.
It will be interesting to read the replies after this post.

I am grateful to be living here in this country I call Canada, I would not trade it for anything. I gave 10yrs of my life to this country and would do it again. I would stand and defend it and the people living here at all cost. I love the people and what Canadians generally stand for.
Yes I fly a Canadian flag at my house and proud of it.

Now in my mid fifties I am enjoying life. Free will, work, sledding, fishing, boating, motorcycle adventures, camping and owning my own home with no fear of having it being invaded or takin away and that I know I would not have in many other countries.
Thank you Canada, thank you for making this possible for me.

For those who might not know; I spent time in war torn countries with unstable government during my service, be grateful for what you have today and help make positive changes. Especially in this time of crisis and this way we will all go back to our normal life sooner.

Thx for reading

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thankful that my family is healthy and safe.

Thankful for the truck drivers for keeping the supply chain moving, and the front line workers working towards a light at the end of the tunnel.

“Things can never be so bad, that it can’t get worse.”

Keep smiling everyone!

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am grateful for my wife, kids and grandkids.

Also my work family, especially more now during the current calls we attend.

I have worked Kelowna and Fort Mac wildfires, yet working with this pandemic is very different

Stay Safe everyone

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
received_2587575674816689.jpg

Good thread. Grateful for this crew. Four healthy kids and an amazing wife.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what i continuly read on this forum there are not many grateful people here on S&M. Bitching and whinning thread's, one after another. Communist government, stupid government, can't go sledding, can't go play with my atv, can't go camping, OMG now the back country is closed....our rights are being taken away..... LOL
If you candy arses knew what having your rights taken away really was like. GRATEFUL, sounds to me these beotches know nothing of grateful, they have it too good.
It will be interesting to read the replies after this post.

I am grateful to be living here in this country I call Canada, I would not trade it for anything. I gave 10yrs of my life to this country and would do it again. I would stand and defend it and the people living here at all cost. I love the people and what Canadians generally stand for.
Yes I fly a Canadian flag at my house and proud of it.

Now in my mid fifties I am enjoying life. Free will, work, sledding, fishing, boating, motorcycle adventures, camping and owning my own home with no fear of having it being invaded or takin away and that I know I would not have in many other countries.
Thank you Canada, thank you for making this possible for me.

For those who might not know; I spent time in war torn countries with unstable government during my service, be grateful for what you have today and help make positive changes. Especially in this time of crisis and this way we will all go back to our normal life sooner.

Thx for reading
Thank you for your service! It's people like you who served/serve our country that gives us what we have today.
I have my late father's veterans plates hung proudly in my garage. My grandson asked me why I had them. Once I explained to him that his grandfather took a bullet to give him the freedoms he has today, he got it.
I am thankful for my family and friends as they are what is truly important in life. The rest is just gravy on top !

b0bd2034dfe3291dea612c6a90c35983.jpg

Last edited:

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service! It's people like you who served/serve our country that gives us what we have today.
I have my late father's veterans plates hung proudly in my garage. My grandson asked me why I had them. Once I explained to him that his grandfather took a bullet to give him the freedoms he has today, he got it.
I am thankful for my family and friends as they are what is truly important in life. The rest is just gravy on top !

I couldn't agree more... thanks Lund, and all, that have served for the rest of us. Without freedom, everything else is pointless..!!!

I love where I’m am, many family and friends, and deep rooted in this area, with no plans on leaving. Although, I’m sure there are many other great places in the world that people feel the same way as here. When this pandemic has passed, I plan on doing more traveling to see all the other great places in this world....

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 aunts, 1 sister, 3 nieces and 2 cousins who are either nurses or hospital administration. I am grateful that we seem to be doing a better job of keeping this pandemic at bay than other parts of the world and have made things just a bit easier for them.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we all bitch and complain about the government and the state we are in right now, in all reality I think we are all grateful for our freedoms. I think we just rant out of frustration. I am grateful for family and friends in these trying times.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In these times of doom and gloom I have some great news
Our tenant in our house in Lloydminster called and asked if we are interested in selling the house
I almost peed my pants, his call came right out of the blue
We have lived in Edmonton for the past 3 years and tried to sell the house with no success
I am also grateful for the health of my wife, kids and grandson. and we are all still working

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grateful for life itself, my little boy and of course my trophy wife!

I've fought cancer twice already... I'm 33

I should be thankful to still be working too, makin' gas and diesel for the rest of you!

cancer at such an early age, glad you beat it hopefully for good this time. Your too young, your journey is just starting.

Top Bottom