what are we grateful for?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Everyday, I'm grateful for life and being on this side of the dirt.
I'm grateful for family; brother and sister, lovely wife, 4 sons, a daughter-in-law, a few sons ex-wives and girlfriends, and 8 grand children.
I am grateful that my wife and I are healthy
I am grateful that my wife and I are still together after all these years.
I am grateful that we had the energy and the foresight to move to Salmon Arm and sort of start a new era in our already busy life.
I am grateful for all the education that my wife and I have.
I am grateful for still being able to ride a sled and thoroughly enjoy it.
I am grateful that I can still work everyday and have the tools to do so.
I am grateful that I didn't have the flu and/or CoVid19.
I am grateful that we are out of debt.
I am grateful for all the friends and acquaintances that I have on this forum and the community of snowmobiling. An amazing group of people that have provided me with a lot of humour, honey holes, and friendship.
I am grateful for all those years of touring friends and acquaintances around the Elk Valley and very grateful for the change to be able to accomplish the many contributions to the Fernie Snowmobile Association.
I am just grateful!

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Grateful I live in the country and have a nice place that I have been able to let my kids roam free through this BS. Also been able to have fires and a place for my sisters and parents to escape to to relax and hang out. Also pretty grateful to have family that is able to come enjoy a fire.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grateful for a lot.... My father in law said this to me many years ago, I am reminded of it daily: “if you are feeling sorry for yourself take a look around”

Exactly...If you think things really suck, take a trip down to Sick Kids Hospital [Toronto] ...spent six years going back and forth when my kid crushed two vertebrae in his neck after a mini bike crash.
After seeing the crap these kids go through I've got really nothing to complain about. Lost my Job after 32 years but I still have my health, wife, house, kids, parents, etc. Cheerz:beer:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grateful to be still alive 7 years ago came with in days of having a major heart attack thanks to Dr appo at the foothills hospital for saving my life makes small problems go away and a wonderful wife and daughter that stood by me scared the life out of them waiting for me to get out of the operating room

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm grateful to be living in this wonderful country and to have been fortunate enough to be able to live in Fernie for the last 26 years.

I'm also grateful to the vast majority of visitors to BC that help keep the economy rolling so people such as myself can make a living in this wonderful province.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm also grateful to the vast majority of visitors to BC that help keep the economy rolling so people such as myself can make a living in this wonderful province.
Colin, my pat answer to the negative-annies that throw out the "hate Albertan" comments down in the Elk Valley was, "you sure do appreciated the increase in the price of your property and that generally, is due to the influx of those fine Albertans that bought recreation properties in the area!"

The fine neighbours to the east brought a lot of improvements/development to the valley and some people were able to see the change and appreciate it! You are one of them!!

Top Bottom