Christmas bonus?

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about be greatfull you have a job ! Its a bonus .People have to stop being so greedy and expecting something. Maybe there not worth a bonus. Hey, food on the plate, roof over the head and alive is a pretty good bonus ! Enjoy the Day !:d

I do get a bonus every year and I return the favour by staying with the company and not working for the competition. If you don't make yourself invaluable at work then I suppose you should be grateful to have a job.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is this post relevant to snow or mud? And yes substantial bonus every yr!

This message will self district

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't give a bonus, I just pay more than the going rate for a guy that is not dumb ass and makes my life easier. In fact, I tell them that in the job interview. I will pay you according to how much work you take off my plate. Seems to work well.

Reaction score
We fly all our East coast guys home for christmas and back on the 1st. About 200 men. They work hard and we appreciate it. We also get the best guys in the industry working for us. They're not techs necessarily but still.....

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, we had a real people person as a Area Superintendent. For Christmas his whole family would go to COSTCO and fill laundry baskets full of stuff. Peanuts, canddy, crackers, sausages etc. About $200 to $300 worth of Christmas goodies. He would come to the house and sit with you and yours and have a drink. Super nice guy and I really appreciated that he took the time to catch up with everyone (110 people) to chat about Christmas and their plans with family. Very lite chit chat about work, but mainly to meet the families.
There was a couple complaints believe it or not. First complaint was from a couple that both of them worked for the company, they wanted to know why they only got one basket...
Second was from a family that did not celebrate Christmas, but they wanted a more suitable basket of goodies that would be suitable to their religion (no I am not bashing anyone).

Anyways this got to such an ordeal, especially from the couple that worked for the company, that he stopped doing it.
I thought it was a pretty decent thing to do, not sure I would have the energy to hear 110 stories about everyones Christmas plans and the work required to make 110 baskets must of been a big job for his family to do as well.
No matter what the bonus, I have always been appreciative and say thanks. The ones I remember the best was having a shot with my boss when he dropped by. He made it personal and enjoyable.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We gave the boys a phat basket of goodies and gift cards and kid gifts and 2g. I'm pretty darn grateful for them guys. Not the biggest bonus but we treat them well the whole year salary and perk-wise...

its the little things that keep guys with you.

We do not get bonuses here at work, the only place I did was a $75 check every christmas, it was nice, but totally un-necessary.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Entitlement? Be lucky you have a job? Bahh!

The company bloody well should reward you if the company is making money, you work hard for the company, and your work is good. Likewise, while somewhat debatable, I feel a chitty employee should get chit.

I've worked for a very small, low profit company and got $200 - no problem, was glad to have it.

I've worked for a massive multi-national company that made absolutely no profit but employed a whack of people and treated those people quite well. This company did not give bonuses - no problem, they treated me well even though the money wasn't there.

I now work for a moderate size multi-national company that makes great money. I get treated like a piece of crap but still make a lot of personal sacrifices to support my team. I get a 5-12% bonus with these guys depending on the year - with these guys, I expect at least that.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys figure is a fair Christmas bonus for journeyman technician? Lets hear some past experiences

We get nothing as a Christmas bonus. We do however get a profit sharing plan, and that is based on our performance and how well the company does. It is base on budget, safety, production and a few other items. Pay out is in march for that. Ranges anywheres from 0% to 16% of your annual salary (not including Over time).

But nothing extra for Christmas. You get your holidays if you're lucky.
:)

Oh and we pay the taxes on any bonuses or gift card given throughout the year.

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Entitlement? Be lucky you have a job? Bahh!

The company bloody well should reward you if the company is making money, you work hard for the company, and your work is good. Likewise, while somewhat debatable, I feel a chitty employee should get chit.

I've worked for a very small, low profit company and got $200 - no problem, was glad to have it.

I've worked for a massive multi-national company that made absolutely no profit but employed a whack of people and treated those people quite well. This company did not give bonuses - no problem, they treated me well even though the money wasn't there.

I now work for a moderate size multi-national company that makes great money. I get treated like a piece of crap but still make a lot of personal sacrifices to support my team. I get a 5-12% bonus with these guys depending on the year - with these guys, I expect at least that.

yah times are changing.........dictator bosses will lose employees, crap on your own time, and your lucky to have this job attitudes will have failing businesses. IF your employees are miserable they are going to do crap work.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 188

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I work 60+ days in a quarter then a bonus is paid for that quarter. Time spent with my wife & kids is more important than staring at a drilling rig for 240+ days a year. Time spent in the field this year will be 229 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I work 60+ days in a quarter then a bonus is paid for that quarter. Time spent with my wife & kids is more important than staring at a drilling rig for 240+ days a year. Time spent in the field this year will be 229 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ouch that is alot of time away from home.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have never had one ,,but then been self employed mechanic most of my life. But my son works for a great guy who gave him $5000 the last 3 yrs every christmas. this yr,not as much.but topped it off with 4 days at Jasper ,,all expenses..

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, we had a real people person as a Area Superintendent. For Christmas his whole family would go to COSTCO and fill laundry baskets full of stuff. Peanuts, canddy, crackers, sausages etc. About $200 to $300 worth of Christmas goodies. He would come to the house and sit with you and yours and have a drink. Super nice guy and I really appreciated that he took the time to catch up with everyone (110 people) to chat about Christmas and their plans with family. Very lite chit chat about work, but mainly to meet the families.
There was a couple complaints believe it or not. First complaint was from a couple that both of them worked for the company, they wanted to know why they only got one basket...
Second was from a family that did not celebrate Christmas, but they wanted a more suitable basket of goodies that would be suitable to their religion (no I am not bashing anyone).

Anyways this got to such an ordeal, especially from the couple that worked for the company, that he stopped doing it.
I thought it was a pretty decent thing to do, not sure I would have the energy to hear 110 stories about everyones Christmas plans and the work required to make 110 baskets must of been a big job for his family to do as well.
No matter what the bonus, I have always been appreciative and say thanks. The ones I remember the best was having a shot with my boss when he dropped by. He made it personal and enjoyable.

that's amazing! I can't believe he would take the time to visit everyone! That's sure a dying breed of man! That's awesome!!

Truth be told, I really can't get over how the company I work for treat us. Fourth year with this company and can't see going anywhere. Received a very sizeable amount of valuable stocks (typically upwards of 30k) and a 2500 cash bonus. As contractors that are waiting on employee offers (received them but haven't signed them yet) we get treated amazing.

I honestly think that just having a job is a bonus!

Top Bottom