Check your sled!!!!!!!

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had recall done on my sled. Went for a ride yesterday, and parked in shop to thaw out. Walked by sled this morning and saw oil on floor!!! My oil tank is touching jack shaft!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360513928.554780.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats not good. Will have to check mine out. You would think the fix would be foolproof unless the dealer did the repair wrong?

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be checking mine before heading out to Sicamous Thursday. Had Riverside do recall and have 300k since with no sign of oil leak but will definitely be looking a little closer.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am unsure if dealer issue or recall. only 70k since recall. my entire engine compartment is dripping with oil. any case it had better be resolved by friday, as i don't want to cancel another trip cause of this sled.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the recall supposed to move the oil tank away from the gas tank. I am just not sure what it was intended to accomplish. Need some info???

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats not good. Will have to check mine out. You would think the fix would be foolproof unless the dealer did the repair wrong?

This is going to be interesting. I just picked up 2 sleds on Thursday with recalls done at 2 different shops and haven't gone riding yet.Not sure if I want to!! One sled has about 3/32 gap and the other has1/16. I read what was to be done as a recall?????? not sure what that was supposed to do to the oil tank? I have no problem with the dealers as they are doing exactly as they have been instructed to do. I will see if I can get a decent picture of ours to show.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting. I just picked up 2 sleds on Thursday with recalls done at 2 different shops and haven't gone riding yet.Not sure if I want to!! One sled has about 3/32 gap and the other has1/16. I read what was to be done as a recall?????? not sure what that was supposed to do to the oil tank? I have no problem with the dealers as they are doing exactly as they have been instructed to do. I will see if I can get a decent picture of ours to show.

Going to send a pic VIA circled mistake. But by golly I was able to jam a 3/32 welding rod in there so it should be good. Yaaa RIGHT!! I hope that someone pulls through for you young gun (To do the right thing )

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the pic of the clearances between the oil tank and Jackshaft....... Bernoff used a 3/32" rod to gauge the clearance (you can see the rod sticking in the gap between the tank and shaft).... Apparently this will end up being issue #2....

Looks llike the BAND-AID fix may have made the situation better in the case of the fuel line, now we just have to worry about a less flammable liquid flying around our engine compartment......

At least if u caught it the fuel would just evaporate and leave no mess, now Young-Gun's got oil all over the place.....

DSCN2272.jpg

So I agree with Young-Gun... CHECK YOUR SLEDS PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the pic of the clearances between the oil tank and Jackshaft....... Bernoff used a 3/32" rod to gauge the clearance (you can see the rod sticking in the gap between the tank and shaft).... Apparently this will end up being issue #2....

Looks llike the BAND-AID fix may have made the situation better in the case of the fuel line, now we just have to worry about a less flammable liquid flying around our engine compartment......

That pic is the old mans sled.... Mine has less clearance..... like 1/16"...... Looks like my trip is done too.......

At least if u caught it the fuel would just evaporate and leave no mess, now Young-Gun's got oil all over the place.....

View attachment 149529

So I agree with Young-Gun... CHECK YOUR SLEDS PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This pic is Bernoffs sled... Mine has less clearance (about 1/16") looks like my trip is toast too.. Sux to say that Ive had my sled for 4+months now and barely have gotten over the 150km mark....
I'll be writing BRP a letter, Mark My Words!!!

gopherchoker

Reaction score
It is crappy I'll admit. I still haven't done the recall on mine and I am still riding it. Just texted my dealer about this and sent him that first pic. Could be worse at least there's no $3000 heli bill

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is crappy I'll admit. I still haven't done the recall on mine and I am still riding it. Just texted my dealer about this and sent him that first pic. Could be worse at least there's no $3000 heli bill

Cold have been if he hadnt gone flat-landing this weekend.... We were on our way ti Sicamus this coming weekend..... Then there would have definately been a heli ride, either to recover sled or recover remnants of a sled....

Hope we dont have to cancel trip...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had recall done on my sled. Went for a ride yesterday, and parked in shop to thaw out. Walked by sled this morning and saw oil on floor!!! My oil tank is touching jack shaft!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting!! I just checked mine and I have lots of clearance. Keep us posted as to why you lost the clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be on phone first thing in the morning. will definatly keep you all informed on how things go.

Top Bottom