Check the ski runners.........

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Bert, I needed something as the lower trails are terrible. The mild steel used to last 30 rides minimum in the east and sometimes all winter. I'm glad I caught them in time!

I hear ya, my wife has a brand new sled Hate to run it over that gravel. Complete mismanagement in my opinion not riding from the 2k lot but the trail collectors are told to make everyone ride from the bottom. I guess its a problem not having adequate parking up there so its a tough one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, my wife has a brand new sled Hate to run it over that gravel. Complete mismanagement in my opinion not riding from the 2k lot but the trail collectors are told to make everyone ride from the bottom. I guess its a problem not having adequate parking up there so its a tough one.
And people still bring big azz trailers

The 1.3/4 km corner is super slick last time I drove up a few weeks ago, would suck to ditch the truck over the side lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And people still bring big azz trailers

The 1.3/4 km corner is super slick last time I drove up a few weeks ago, would suck to ditch the truck over the side lol

Its ok now it colder but back in that warm spell with no ice just slush it was gross listening to the grinding and watching the sparks fly lol Sure wish we could just improve the road and have a big ass lot at 2k but that will take a lot of $$$$

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe they need to haul and spread snow on the bottom 3 km. Not unheard of...............or make snow like the ski hills do. Gotta think outside the box but that is hard for a lot of people stuck in ruts.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the new grooming manager is holding out hope for snow but sooner than later just need to make the call to plow the road. There has been years we drove to 7k all winter. There are other ways to go up and avoid the gravel

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the new grooming manager is holding out hope for snow but sooner than later just need to make the call to plow the road. There has been years we drove to 7k all winter. There are other ways to go up and avoid the gravel
I think if you have gravel still down low this time of the year the chances of getting it are slimmer by the day. Any snow you do get won't last long as consistant warmer temps are a couple weeks away

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you have gravel still down low this time of the year the chances of getting it are slimmer by the day. Any snow you do get won't last long as consistant warmer temps are a couple weeks away
Can be warm and slushy easy drive up and then we get a couple inches on top of that with a bit cooler and like tex said then its pretty dicey. kind of a tough time right now but if it doesn't snow soon have to go ride elsewhere i guess. Lots down in Fernie the kids told me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can be warm and slushy easy drive up and then we get a couple inches on top of that with a bit cooler and like tex said then its pretty dicey. kind of a tough time right now but if it doesn't snow soon have to go ride elsewhere i guess. Lots down in Fernie the kids told me.
Whats your definition of lots? Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its ok now it colder but back in that warm spell with no ice just slush it was gross listening to the grinding and watching the sparks fly lol Sure wish we could just improve the road and have a big ass lot at 2k but that will take a lot of $$$$
There is plans for wide Ning the road to 3 km, as there is plans to put a track and such in there

Needs to be a two lane to make it legal is what I have been told

As far as parking, ya needs to be a big lot

What really needs to happen is the logging needs to piss off from Dec 1st and on

That's the biggest reason there is no snow to ride, was plowed till Dec 15th ish to 6. 5 km

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They went back in 55km from bull river trout hatchery to cabins you can rent by summer lake It was over the hood deep

I haven't ridden in there and would know where to go but that would be the Bull River Guest Ranch. That road is generally plowed for logging as far in as the back of Sparwood. They just pulled out of Mecca and Powder Bob's area a week or two ago. As for getting in from Hartley, that would be a stretch and summer time only.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They went back in 55km from bull river trout hatchery to cabins you can rent by summer lake It was over the hood deep

Been a long time since sledding at Summer Lake. We’ve staged at the start of Bull River Road and also at Hartley Lake Road. Never knew there were cabins to rent...only ones I know of are at Big/little sand creek.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't ridden in there and would know where to go but that would be the Bull River Guest Ranch. That road is generally plowed for logging as far in as the back of Sparwood. They just pulled out of Mecca and Powder Bob's area a week or two ago. As for getting in from Hartley, that would be a stretch and summer time only.

It wasn't Bull River Guest Ranch. They went in bull river fsr and then up galbraith fsr to end of plowed road at 54km. Then they towed skimmers 3km with their supplies into the camp. A main cookhouse, a half dozen cabins and the owners residence. It is normally a summer only hunting lodge. I don't know what it is called but will ask them. (Grand Slam Outfitters)

We used to ride mountain bike thru hartley to bull river trout hatchery when my kids were ski racing with FSVR. We would ride from my uncles place on dicken road with a whole herd of them. Never sledded it but you can drive a car thru there.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It wasn't Bull River Guest Ranch. They went in bull river fsr and then up galbraith fsr to end of plowed road at 54km. Then they towed skimmers 3km with their supplies into the camp. A main cookhouse, a half dozen cabins and the owners residence. It is normally a summer only hunting lodge. I don't know what it is called but will ask them. (Grand Slam Outfitters)

We used to ride mountain bike thru hartley to bull river trout hatchery when my kids were ski racing with FSVR. We would ride from my uncles place on dicken road with a whole herd of them. Never sledded it but you can drive a car thru there.

Gotcha!

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the loggers / forestry should be forced to plow the road all winter to 6.5 since they started the plowing in the first place
have also mentioned maybe the club should look at buying a grader or plow truck like they have at mica club in 100 mile

Top Bottom