Check stops and the new BC ORV regulations.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a tree saw mounted on the left side, so I am being a redneck and mounted it on the right side. Just as tight to the end of the bumper as I can get it. If my boot scrapes off the paint on the numbers so be it. It won't bother me and it doesn't bother me when I'm riding.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does a guy register a sled in Alberta with out a bill of sale ? I bought mine 5 years ago never registered it and you think I can find the bill of sale anywhere of coarse not.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went and did the deed the other day on my 2 sleds. paid the government the pst taxes and got the plate now mounted to the seat bracket that is located on the back of seat on my 2 Polaris's. I feel so much better that I paid the taxes..... what a fawken joke

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does a guy register a sled in Alberta with out a bill of sale ? I bought mine 5 years ago never registered it and you think I can find the bill of sale anywhere of coarse not.
i just made my own. I ____ hear by do sell 1 xx brand snowmobile serial number ___ for xx$$ paid in full to buyer ___ whitnessed by ___.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before I forget, what's the deal here in bc if we got a plate earlier and want the sticker? Someone said we can trade for free until Dec 31st, is that right?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Before I forget, what's the deal here in bc if we got a plate earlier and want the sticker? Someone said we can trade for free until Dec 31st, is that right?

Maybe moyiesledhead will chime in as his memory is so much better than mine. I think I remember that but the way ICBC works, who really knows.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this (and apologies if these were already posted here or somewhere). So straight from the horses mouth:
https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/orv/QA_ORV_Act.pdf

Those that would prefer to obtain the new number sticker can either wait until Nov. 1 to
purchase a sticker, or if you were issued a number plate under the ORV Act, you can
exchange it for a sticker for no cost between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31, 2015. After Dec. 31, 2015,
an $18 fee will apply to exchange a metal plate for a sticker or vice versa.

Still boggles my mind that the old sticker was not worthy and couldn't just have it's friggin' numbers updated to the new system. Something in the water in Victoria just kills brain cells don't it?

Whatever, head back and visit my favorite people in the world at local ICBC, probably have another friggin' argument with a girl that isn't up to speed on this rule. :rolleyes:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Here is where I mounted my plate with double sided sticky velcro. Stick the velcro on the tunnel and then the plate. Doo it when its warm or in a heated garage and take a hair dryer to the tunnel to warm it up. 11081089_992671514076656_3882684962092458722_n.jpg

bbsummit1

Reaction score
Hmmm wait till next spring and everything melts, All you will see is plates laying on the trails

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 sticker plates on each of my sleds now. Pretty soon they will look like their wrapped.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 20 COs were out on Boulder today. Didn't hear of any fines but one guy told me he was checkin regies today. Although he just looked at my plate to wrapped to my j can and said some may not like that and I could get a sticker. I'm like Naww. The plate there is fine. It's on my sled. Not puttin a sticker on my wrap

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

Top Bottom