Chatter Creek Road

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Chatter is still opening to sleds next weekend? What is the condition of the B-road and how far down the road is snow? Can you drive a sled from lower parking lot at km 69?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, it's still a go. It better be. I haven't heard anything otherwise from them.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you Chatter veterans have any advice for first timers? Do you guys pull a skimmer or something to haul stuff in?
is it worthwhile hauling in fuel or is it just far easier to bite the bullet and buy it up there?? Any advise would be greatly appreciated, my son and I are headed there on the 12th.

Reaction score
As far as I know. Fuel is not available. May if you are staying at the lodge though. We are not that lucky though. We will be roughing below main parking lot.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to be staying at the lodge! But it's not too far down to the trucks anyway is it??

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking lot too Lodge is 20 ish kms.

It's not that far if they keep it groomed,,, total 4@!! if it is not.

They will inform the public if the slid comes down at km 48 ish.

They had a cat & hoe sitting there ready a month ago. Pretty sure that they are still there.

Lem

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Jody there this morning, still good to go at this point!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out there on the weekend and thought the same.... Worse then last year

Heading out there next week, will I have problems with a small 2 place open trailer? What issues are with the road? Just a butt ton of pot holes? Thanks for any info. I know me and my group will appreciate it.

NZjosh

Reaction score
Heading out there next week, will I have problems with a small 2 place open trailer? What issues are with the road? Just a butt ton of pot holes? Thanks for any info. I know me and my group will appreciate it.

Just mud holes at the Km's mentioned above, 2 place open should be fine may just be a rough ride cause you'll have to keep your speed through the mud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just mud holes at the Km's mentioned above, 2 place open should be fine may just be a rough ride cause you'll have to keep your speed through the mud

Thanks for the reply! Cheers!:beer:

NZjosh

Reaction score
How is the snow up there as i will be heading up next weekend also.

We didn't go as far as chatter, snow was really wet down low but the higher you went the better. The fresh stuff had set up but would be nice with another load on top of it.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow pack has been great. More than the last 3-5years. That being said don't confuse this with powder dreams, weather has been positive temps overnight for quit sometime now. Freeze line is about 2000meter. Expect bumper deep at best, more realistic spindle deep.

road is fine for early chatter, parking is the problem. Some big frost heaves this year on the road. Strap your **** down.

Top Bottom