Chappel

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is Chappel for riding and how long of a ride in.I heard it was all boondocking.I,m thinking about taking my 11 year old in the if the trail is easy to get in on

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
I havn't been there for a while but I do remember that it is a very long trail in, at least 20 miles.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a long 26km trail in with a few switchbacks and turns in valleys so you cant really open it up for more than a km at a time. It can be a beast at times.

Not much boondocking up there, more just flat wide open gentle hills and then you can drop down onto the lake at the end. There's a big hill climb back there too. Small area, but fun if its not socked in.

Chavez

Reaction score
If the trail has been groomed it is a nice scenic trip up but if it hasnt prepare yourself for a pounding. Once up there it's a small area but some of the best snow I have seen in the Valemount area.

Apex162

Reaction score
not a good idea to take in a 11 yr old, its a long way in then you have to side hill to the lake or end up in the trees below.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2 cents , great tour for your 11 year old , taking mine in there on tuesday , as long as he can somewhat handle a sled you are good to go:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a good idea to take in a 11 yr old, its a long way in then you have to side hill to the lake or end up in the trees below.

thats a sidehill?:confused:

the area is fine for an 11 year old. the only problem is the trail the last 3km gets a little steep but not to bad. depends what he is riding.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem for a youngster, last bit is a little pull. take your time should be good to go

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drove by there today on the way to e town, all i could think of was skippin christmas and gettin my sled up there, looks like that whole area got puked on with tons o fresh....and not a one truck in the parkin lot

Apex162

Reaction score
That's the key word tons o fresh so if that is easy for a 11 yr old to sled in be my guest. Hey Maxwell you are right about taking a 11 yr old because you relate better with a 11 yr old that I would. Cheers;)

Top Bottom