Changes to the M's from year to year.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Hello Arctic Cat gurus,

I have decided I would like to upgrade my spare sled. I have just recently seen the light and put the Doolaid bottle down. I have been on the wagon for about 8 months now.

Anyway I am not knocking Doo, they have had some good sleds but I need a change. Going to sell my 04 Rev and upgrade to a late 2000's M8 as my spare, have a 2013 PRO RMK as my main.

I will be honest and say brand bias has kept me somewhat ignorant to other sleds, but I am better now LOL.

So my question is what do I need to know and what model year is going to suit my requirements?

-I don't want an M7.
-I want reverse.
-The telescopic steering is neat too but I don't want to spend $8000 on a spare. Was this only on the Snow Pro?
-There is something about stiffer tunnel after a certain year?
-What year was the seat upgraded?
-When should the Diamond Drive bearing be updated?
-What else should I be looking at on a 2500+ mile sled? I hear aside from a few problems they are a reliable machine and there are some sweet deals on Kijiji.

Thanks in advance.

Uptown

Reaction score
2008 m800: has old tunnel and rear skid setup, easily upgradable, same engine as 09. I believe they have mechanical reverse

2009 m800: is a great starting point, the fuel mapping is perfect and rear skid was lightened up which they still use basically the same setup. Non HO engine but can add SLP pipe kit with no fuel controller. Buddy of mine has this setup and runs great! Oh and Electronic Reverse

2010 m800: Same as 09 but came with the 800HO, new lighter and taller mountain seat. I still rock a 2010 m8 have 3000km on it, no issues with duability engine does not need rebuild for another 3000km at least!! But am working on adjusting the fuel mapping to clean up the bottom end. Regardless runs awesome though, pulls hard for sure!

2011 m800: Same as 2010 but with revalved Fox floats and little cleaner fuel mapping from what iv seen.

Diamond Drive for Electronic Reverse models: Must replace 1 bearing every year or get the BDX rebuild kit and install a new double row bearing. NO problems after the bearing gets changed, very easy fix by the way.

SNO PROS GET; fancy gauge cluster, Fox floats, Telescoping bars (Very useful) different graphics, thats about it. Base models tend to ride nicer on the trail, untill you revalve the floats. Iv done all of mine and she is a plush kitty now!

Any of these models are solid performers IMO I love the handling and sidehilling abilities on the old Cats. Not the greatest on the trails, Although there is some skid adjustments to help that, But excellent on the mountain.
Hope that helps

Last edited:

saltywalt

Reaction score
'08 has the new style skid & old tunnel. '08 M1000 can be reflashed to get engine reverse.

Top Bottom