Cha cha chatter!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...Times a coming apirl 5th....looks like we be heading in next week.....fun springtimes a coming:beer::d.....hopefullly none of these type times,but great storys:p.....their is a thumbs up in bottom pic

Attachments

• 1000.jpg
    1000.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 794
  • 1003.jpg
    1003.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 795

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah i wasnt going to post anything but since yea did, they open on april 6th. April 5th they still have skiers there. Got my e-mail back confirming.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool but ill be riding the 5th.I know you know i know what I'm doing...lol :d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there places to stay out there, or do you have to stay at that lodge?

Looking to sledboard on the cheap. I'm not a posh skier.. lol

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there places to stay out there, or do you have to stay at that lodge?

Looking to sledboard on the cheap. I'm not a posh skier.. lol

far as i hear lodge is full for the 3 weeks,Options are camp out(without blocking everyone else) and have goodtimes or go to town....pretty hard to be cheap in this sport.they have had in passed Rcmp at 69-73 km so becareful coming out....if havin pops:d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
far as i hear lodge is full for the 3 weeks,Options are camp out(without blocking everyone else) and have goodtimes or go to town....pretty hard to be cheap in this sport.they have had in passed Rcmp at 69-73 km so becareful coming out....if havin pops:d

Brrr.. Winter camping in a tent...

Kinda sounds fun though?

Might be something on my list of to-do's this year yet.

Tenure dates I'm pretty sure.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be there...3 turbos and bunch brp stuff...lol...
Checkin date is the 7th

Miller lity lime time

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brrr.. Winter camping in a tent...
Kinda sounds fun though?

Might be something on my list of to-do's this year yet.

Tenure dates I'm pretty sure.

pretty sure he was thinking RV, but up to you,, its a big drive in and out so tuff to go into town.....

JasonT

Reaction score
How far a drive into Chatter? Easy to find your way around as far as riding goes? never been there want to try it out.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far a drive into Chatter? Easy to find your way around as far as riding goes? never been there want to try it out.

heh, drive into chatter is 65km of loggin road. Best to have a 4x4 with some good tires, road is usually full of mud. Decks are highly advised as if 4 or 5 20ft trailors get in there, there is no room to turn around. Drive in can take anwhere from 60 to 90min pending road conditions. Finding your way around can be a maze as there are cat trails stretching everywhere, up and over the mountains. Just find a group and follow them i would say or just head west once at the cabin.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure he was thinking RV, but up to you,, its a big drive in and out so tuff to go into town.....

lol,Just build vary big fire:d,we did camp out in 05/06 season in sled trailer...for the val's

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok heres the update, just got back from chatter..... the road is now 72km plowed NOT 65. WIll take you 1.5hrs to get there. they plowed 2km up the chatter turn off. I will say it like this, hit this before next weekend cause the last 2km is getting really bad. No you cant park at the bottom where the old parking lot usually is because they plowed the snowbanks so that you can ride em. Ruts are almost at 12" now, freakin diesel trucks and 20ft trailers always punch through. The turn around is larger but still limited, bout the size of upper quartz lot.

Ok so for the snow conditions.... DEEEP!!! we hit up the west/southwest area where the lake it, could not even make it up the other side past the lake. Very deep and very heavy stuff, more so than revy. North stuff is starting to get pounded out. PLENTY to be found still, trees are insane. If you are riding this sunday, hit it up, you wont regret it.

PS chatter still has skiers up there so check the areas you can ride

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booked on the 17th for a couple of days with a large group. Should be awesome!!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from 3 days at chatter. Snowing lightly, great dry snow in the north facing alpine bowls. road= way too long

sorry no pics

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Coming out for the day tomorrow, never been to Chatter. Anybody wanna show us around tomorrow?

Sparx

Reaction score
Here you go guys, best time yet! Pretty good snow too in places! Vids to come yet....:beer:

Attachments

• DSC03358.JPG
    DSC03358.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC03369.jpg
    DSC03369.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC03337.JPG
    DSC03337.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC03334.JPG
    DSC03334.JPG