Ceramic Coating

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to possibly get my stock pipe ceramic coated as the stock BBQ lookin' paint is peeling in some spots. Where should I take it, and what would it run me? Thankks!

crowdoo

Reaction score
not sure where u r but in fort macleod there is place called fool proof coatings.price not sure i will ask i got parts there now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
impact coatings in edmonton.

he likes to do it properly though...INSIDE AND OUT. which is veryvery expensive.

you might be able to find another shop that will just coat the outside

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
impact coatings in edmonton.

he likes to do it properly though...INSIDE AND OUT. which is veryvery expensive.

you might be able to find another shop that will just coat the outside

As Maxwell said...Impact does a very nice job...stand up guys excellent top notch work. Might be easier or less expensive if you could find a good used aftermarket performance one rather than coating your stocker.....just a thought...call 780-455-2628 ask for Bruce and tell'em what you got and he'll give you a pretty close quote. Had my sons twin pipes and can coated and somehow a marble got into the can. Those guys worked for hours trying to get it out. They eventually had to run it to a pipe shop...cut it open and get the marbles out...reweld it and recoat the entire peice and then shipped it to Slave prepaid and was only one day later than when he told me he'd deliver....how's THAT for service?!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What makes doing the inside so much more expensive? I do not want to go with an aftermarket pipe as that means fuel controller which puts me over $1000 for the setup. Maybe I'm really low-balling the ceramic coating price... I really have no clue how much that'd run...

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask dad, he got my rails coated black cheap. And the work was Top Notch.

2 years now and they haven't chipped or peeled no matter how much ice from the morning after sitting in the cold trailer while sledding I've had to chip off.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask dad, he got my rails coated black cheap. And the work was Top Notch.

2 years now and they haven't chipped or peeled no matter how much ice from the morning after sitting in the cold trailer while sledding I've had to chip off.

I think you're talking about powder coat, chief!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had twins and stingers done at Top Gun in Calgary, both inside and out for around $200. Single would be in the $150? I'm guessing, can't be more than the twins.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Just had twins and stingers done at Top Gun in Calgary, both inside and out for around $200. Single would be in the $150? I'm guessing, can't be more than the twins.

You can add at least 15% to it since it isn't new... they are going to have to peel all of the BBQ paint off of it... and I would say that $150 for a single is good... I recall paying at least $250 to ceramic coat my single pipe and can

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the 07-09 m8's no box nessesary for slp.... on the 2010's you do need a
piggy back box...
chit happens when it comes 160+hp outta the crate.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Top Gun does excellent work. Buddy had some turbo piping and compressor housings done by them; as well as a couple turbo pedestals. Turned out awesome!! Not bad prices either.

Top Bottom