Ceramic Coated Tunnels??

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else try ceramic on their snowmobile tunnel? I did outside of mine last year thinking it would help decrease ice and snow build up.
IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

I’ve never tried ceramic on bare aluminum because it’s supposed to be used on paint. So I’m thinking I’ll try it on the inside to see how it works

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would avoid putting it on the heat exchanger, it may cause problems.

How do you like that track?

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would avoid putting it on the heat exchanger, it may cause problems.

How do you like that track?

Oh? I don’t honestly think it will even stick to the bare aluminum tbh. So far so good, kinda like the 16 wide flex edge track better tbh but haven’t really tried it in super deep snow

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of guys using Pledge in the past, heard it worked pretty good. Also makes them look good when listing for sale

Powder coating and Pledge=no snow.

You guys mean pledge like in the stuff you clean house hold stuff with? And long haired freak the tunnel is partially powered coated but just not fully in the inside

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or try a Hydrophobic coating for the inside of the tunnel. Like Rustoleum never wet or similar products. I think it leaves a white/chalky appearance so maybe not on the outside though. Ive never actually tried it. I bought some to coat my Tarp but never got around to it yet.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I brought the new truck in for polish and ceramic coating. The before and after of the paint slipperyness is insane. The paint is so so so smooth now. I would bet it would make sleds shed the snow with easy.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would that do to the cooling effect of the heat exchanger?

I’ve read on other forums where others have put products on their heat exchanger to prevent snow from sticking but ended up with overheating issues.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would that do to the cooling effect of the heat exchanger?

I’ve read on other forums where others have put products on their heat exchanger to prevent snow from sticking but ended up with overheating issues.

not sure if i buy into that now days, in the past i would agree. The arctic cat mono rail sleds hold nothing for snow in the tunnels and don't necessarily have a overheat problems. Doos definitely have more cooler area than a arctic cat.

That said a person could do the sides only if really concerned. At least on a skidoo the sides and the rear suspension brackets hold alot of snow.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if i buy into that now days, in the past i would agree. The arctic cat mono rail sleds hold nothing for snow in the tunnels and don't necessarily have a overheat problems. Doos definitely have more cooler area than a arctic cat.

That said a person could do the sides only if really concerned. At least on a skidoo the sides and the rear suspension brackets hold alot of snow.

I read this on doo talk, it was a couple of years ago, that guys were having added issues on the trail.

Just something to be aware of I spose, these smooth heat exchangers IMO are not as good as the old finned coolers, that said, A 165 expert has less cooling as a regular 165, especially if the tunnel is covered with a jerry can and a tunnel bag, from my experience last winter.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I brought the new truck in for polish and ceramic coating. The before and after of the paint slipperyness is insane. The paint is so so so smooth now. I would bet it would make sleds shed the snow with easy.

Just curious what they charged you. A graphene ceramic is a much better alternative especially if you can wash it regularly. It worked really good on the outside of the tunnel but I never coated the inside

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what they charged you. A graphene ceramic is a much better alternative especially if you can wash it regularly. It worked really good on the outside of the tunnel but I never coated the inside

With a undercoating it was around $1500. It’s a crew cab long box. She did say the truck took under an hour of polishing to get it to a perfect before the coating went on. She said the more polishing the more expensive it’s going to be. Tesla and Gm products take a full day of prep, dodge and fords are usually under 1/2 day. Mine new truck is a ford. She was so happy with the quality of paint on it. Hopefully the rest of the truck is decent…….

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a undercoating it was around $1500. It’s a crew cab long box. She did say the truck took under an hour of polishing to get it to a perfect before the coating went on. She said the more polishing the more expensive it’s going to be. Tesla and Gm products take a full day of prep, dodge and fords are usually under 1/2 day. Mine new truck is a ford. She was so happy with the quality of paint on it. Hopefully the rest of the truck is decent…….

I haven’t done any teslas but yes GM has the worst paint out of all of them. That’s honestly not that bad. Did they do the interior?

Top Bottom