Cell Phone Suppliers

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its been 4 years, the ol Iphone is beat up, cracked, and the 16GB is totally maxed out so its time to upgrade.

I am still blown away of how much more cell phones and specifically cell phone plans are in Canada.

I haven't heard good things with Rogers. I have Telus now and they own Koodo so I assume they are the same. Was looking at Bell but it just seems like they are the same as well.

Telus plan I have now is 50 bucks a month but thats only 100mb of data (I can go over and they charge me up the wazoo) and 300 anytime minutes. My voice mails max out at 3.

And seriously is there any plan out there where you can just leave your own message then not hear the standard telus message after it. Its like I have to wait thru 2 minutes of talking before I can just leave someone a message.

I guess it probably doesn't matter. They are probably all the same

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have been with Telus since the iPhone 4 came out, i'm still on my original Iphone 4 as well. The plan i have is called a flex plan. 1 GB of data, unlimited calling in the evenings, unlimited text, unlimited picture and video messages, caller id and some other stuff, my bill is $62 a month. Reason it's called a "flex plan" is if i go over 1gb internet, they add $10 onto my bill and give me another 1 gb of data.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been with Telus since the iPhone 4 came out, i'm still on my original Iphone 4 as well. The plan i have is called a flex plan. 1 GB of data, unlimited calling in the evenings, unlimited text, unlimited picture and video messages, caller id and some other stuff, my bill is $62 a month. Reason it's called a "flex plan" is if i go over 1gb internet, they add $10 onto my bill and give me another 1 gb of data.

That seems like a pretty good plan, but not available in Alberta that I can see.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're already with Telus, contact the Telus loyalty department. There's no phone prompts to connect to different departments or anything - direct customer service from a Canadian (I usually get someone in Calgary it seems). I have to say - awesome customer service from these guys - it's worth something to me! Whenever I've gotten a new phone I think I've gotten a pretty awesome deal through them too. Way way better than any of the advertised packages for sure at least. Just tell them what you want - they'll give you their best price up front.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
data.gif

heres my plan, see if you can take that name and ask for it at telus.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my plan is like that except instead of 1Gb I only get 100Mb if I go over its 10 or even 20 to go to 250mb then it jumps up again after. Needless to say I always go wifi as much as possible.

I will do the loyalty call plan and bring this plan up you never know.

Thanks peoples!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan I've had for years with bell, unlimited long distance and local calling, unlimited text and pics -videos, all the extra crap u don't use, 3 gigs of data

70 a month, including getting a new phone when the times up

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're already with Telus, contact the Telus loyalty department. There's no phone prompts to connect to different departments or anything - direct customer service from a Canadian (I usually get someone in Calgary it seems). I have to say - awesome customer service from these guys - it's worth something to me! Whenever I've gotten a new phone I think I've gotten a pretty awesome deal through them too. Way way better than any of the advertised packages for sure at least. Just tell them what you want - they'll give you their best price up front.

I had the same plan and been with them for fifteen years. The loyalty people said sorry we can't roll it over

snowhound63

Reaction score
The only way I could roll my plan over was to buy the phone outright with out a contract. Been on the same contract for 7 years now

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy your phone upfront. I recommend Samsung. Expandable memory, removable battery abs a stronger screen. I'm with virgin mobile. Uses telus and bell towers. 63$ a month with unlimited talk text in canada. 1gb data, and voicemail. That and they tabs 5 percent of each book abs apply it to a super tab that maxes out at 200 towards a new phone. Oh and no contract!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Buy your phone upfront. I recommend Samsung. Expandable memory, removable battery abs a stronger screen. I'm with virgin mobile. Uses telus and bell towers. 63$ a month with unlimited talk text in canada. 1gb data, and voicemail. That and they tabs 5 percent of each book abs apply it to a super tab that maxes out at 200 towards a new phone. Oh and no contract!

Not anymore. On BOTH of those points.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Plans change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.
I've been with Telus for 20 years and have few complaints. My plan is combined with Wifeys and we share data etc. This exact plan no long exists so I keep it cause it's cheaper than any current plan.
Again, for me, Telus has been great.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to see an improvement to awesome speed and coverage in rural areas(that we pay for). Ive lived where I live for 9.5 yrs (1-2bars)and it has never improved. Im with Telus.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
It would be nice to see an improvement to awesome speed and coverage in rural areas(that we pay for). Ive lived where I live for 9.5 yrs (1-2bars)and it has never improved. Im with Telus.

Try a new provider. Where I am, couldn't get more than a bar or MAYBE 2 with Telus. Constant dropped calls, etc. Changed to Rogers and have full LTE where I am.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Complain. Telus will not upgrade or repair towers without complaints.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just upgraded phones with telus. They don't offer our type of contract anymore. But rolled it over to our new phones for 2 more years.
Went with iPhone 6S

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been with Telus for 20 years and have few complaints. My plan is combined with Wifeys and we share data etc. This exact plan no long exists so I keep it cause it's cheaper than any current plan.

SBR, I agree with you 110%....I too have been with Telus over 20 years. Overall quite happy, few complaints but when I have complained, they have listened.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

SBR, I agree with you 110%....I too have been with Telus over 20 years. Overall quite happy, few complaints but when I have complained, they have listened.

Exactly, hasn't always been good but they have made it work.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

Top Bottom