Ceased Engine?

Nitronix

Reaction score
Hey guys so today my brother and I decided to go for a little rip around out place. He started his sled after about 5 pulls and it ran and idle'd fine. after about 10 minutes of riding he said he heard it bog down and then lock up. We cant pull the starter pulley and believe it is ceased. Our local small engine guy here said it he would just buy a rebuilt and replace it. total cost for engine and labour install around $3000.00
He says its probably the top end and would probably have done damage to the bottom end resulting in needing both to be redone.
I've done some research and found a lot of guys just redo the top end once its ceased what do you guys think?
I suppose we wont really know until we tear it apart but what really are our options here.
Any reliable places to get it done for cheaper, or anyone know of a place that has rebuilt engines?
The sled is an 04 Arctic Cat 900 King Cat.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be from the old gas . Did he warm it up before riding it hard? \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\could have cold siezed it. Hard to tell what it needs with out tearing it down. New pistons and jugs i would assume !!! Good luck !

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be either top end or bottom end....rarely both at once. Either way you can rebuild it for a lot less than $3000 if you do the work yourself. If you pay a dealer then maybe not so much.

Top Bottom