CDN $ taking a beating

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't believe how much our dollar has dropped over the last week - is this just a blip. I have several bids on ebay at the moment in US funds so getting a tad concerned.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
a lower u.s dollar means that the impending u.s recession may be on hold for a while. with a stronger dollar south of the border the large company will stop hedging funds in the commodity market. This will inturn help the inflation rate and maybe save the hummer!!! Looh for a 85$ dollar barrel of oil in the near future

( my fingers are crossed anyway)

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The declining oil price seems to be the issue - not really a turn around in US economy. We just need another concern in the middle east and the cdn dollar will go up again.

I am bidding on a few cars and have picked up a few sleds in the US so my fingers are crossed for a weaker US dollar before I have to pay for these items.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last 2 major purchases I made stateside the dollar had been steady, then started to drop so I bought my money, only to have it bounce back 2 days later.....:mad:

I was at the lake for the last week so the dollar at 0.93 was a shock to me as well.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last 2 major purchases I made stateside the dollar had been steady, then started to drop so I bought my money, only to have it bounce back 2 days later.....:mad:

I was at the lake for the last week so the dollar at 0.93 was a shock to me as well.

I need some american cash in the next few weeks and I have been watching for 4 weeks and it has slid a bit every day almost,
who thinks it might bounce back a bit or who thinks she is going to dive into .80

lets see a pole?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need some american cash in the next few weeks and I have been watching for 4 weeks and it has slid a bit every day almost,
who thinks it might bounce back a bit or who thinks she is going to dive into .80

lets see a pole?

It had better not - I am counting on a slight recovery here in the next week. I have purchased a bunch of sleds and trying to get a car out of California - this dollar needs to get back up before the bill is due. I was hoping this Russia/georgia conflict was going to boost prices but no go.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i think it is just a quick blip. the prices of gas has gone done 15 cents a litre in the past 2-3 weeks. the americans are buying gas again, economy has a slight boost because of travel etc...

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pole.jpg

Pole time

Top Bottom