Cats are starting to Pi$$ me off.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty if you live on an acreage I know that you can get the traps for free from the fish and wildlife office for a few weeks. Might have to tell them you have a skunk problem. Sardines work real well in the traps.

not free in strathcona county, have to rent them. $35 wk me thinks

PM me, I have a live trap and live not too far

Last edited:

Lil ms dangerous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to get thermone spray at the local pet store, after you cleen off your door, then spray on the thermone spray. Google it, then you'll understand what it is and what it does

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would put my money on the wild cat against any dog.
It will be able to run way faster in different directions and the dog won't catch it. Plus Cat's sleep 16 ~18 hours a day and usually come out to prowl or feed when it can sneak up on its pray which is during the dead of night. In a way I feel sad for the cat because someone sometime ago probably took it out to the country and let it go to fend for itself.. Making it someone elses problem. The cat is coming around because it smells the other cats and is hoping to compete for its food.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting to have the animal suffer, but if it is causing havoc on other domestic cats and upsetting people it needs to be delt with. Being a wild animal it is a bit lower on the totem pole compared to the loved family cat. Living on a farm I have seen a lot of things that others are not subjected to. Its a fact of life and thats why humans are on top of the food chain..

I appologize for my comment and I have no right to make such a comment because I don't know you from Adam. I accept your view on things and hope you can accept my appology.

No problem! I'm wrong!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the neighbourhood cats. My two big dogs keep most of the strays away. It's the neighbourhood punks I can't handle. Do these techniques apply to them!?

Hey...brought you a tuna sandwich to bury the hatchet....heh, heh, heh.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would put my money on the wild cat against any dog.
It will be able to run way faster in different directions and the dog won't catch it. Plus Cat's sleep 16 ~18 hours a day and usually come out to prowl or feed when it can sneak up on its pray which is during the dead of night. In a way I feel sad for the cat because someone sometime ago probably took it out to the country and let it go to fend for itself.. Making it someone elses problem. The cat is coming around because it smells the other cats and is hoping to compete for its food.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting to have the animal suffer, but if it is causing havoc on other domestic cats and upsetting people it needs to be delt with. Being a wild animal it is a bit lower on the totem pole compared to the loved family cat. Living on a farm I have seen a lot of things that others are not subjected to. Its a fact of life and thats why humans are on top of the food chain..

I appologize for my comment and I have no right to make such a comment because I don't know you from Adam. I accept your view on things and hope you can accept my appology.

Powertool29... Sounds like yur a Cat lover :) Did you know that women love guys that love Cats? It's True. STUDies proove it. I too am a Cat lover. We are a rare breed. Real men love Cats. :d:beer::beer: :d:d:d

Attachments

• 2008_0131QuadCats0002.jpg
    2008_0131QuadCats0002.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 37

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had two strays the fisrt one showed up at 2005 Christmas it was -37, his ears were frost bitten and lost the tips, gave him some turkey left overs and has stayed ever since. On Jan 27 he left on a warm spell havent seen him since, I suspect a owl got him. Then in Sept. 08 some one dropped off a female it apparently had kittens [2,] this was a female house cat, found a home for mama, gave one kitten away then kept the other one. So now I have only one as the male never came home. You got to love them it would be like throwing your own kids out to fend fro themselves. The little one misses his buddy. I couldnt shoot them worst case is to take them to the vet and do it humanely.

Attachments

• 100_0095.jpg
    100_0095.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_5831.jpg
    100_5831.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 41

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I know here Parkland county provides 1 free trap per subdivision for a few weeks if you need it. I had a dog problem and called them. Had the dog trapped in 10 min. and let the county call the owner. (ps. I had already talked to him several times) well he finally tied his dogs up when he wasn't home. 10 min later I had his cat. My two dogs were sure interested in that lol.

Problem was solved. With your situation I would definitely try trapping them then your choice. County will destroy wild cats for sure might be just as easy to shoot them. The only wrinkle with poison is your not 100% sure what you going to get. What if its your neighbors cat?/Dog etc. or worse .... your own!

Anyways keep us posted on what works! :beer::d:beer:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powertool29... Sounds like yur a Cat lover :) Did you know that women love guys that love Cats? It's True. STUDies proove it. I too am a Cat lover. We are a rare breed. Real men love Cats. :d:beer::beer: :d:d:d

Well this topic could be a whole new thread in it self.. But here goes any way.
I will try to do my best to explain myself in as few words as possible and hope that I don't upset anyone while doing so.

I have compassion for all living things. But everything has its place and purpose. We all understand that there are animals that are used for food and also for clothing and also for research. I agree with using animals for research, hoping to find a cure for a particular disease. I agree in raising animals for food as I function better with potein than without. That being said I don't believe in torturing animals. As a child I can admit to pulling wings off of butterflies and pulling apart caterpillars to see what makes then tick. Growing up on a farm I have been known to shoot gophers, magpies and sometimes coyotes to protect the livestock. I know that if the gophers stay around and the magpies flurish then the coyotes will stay around because of the food source. I believe in humainly removing unusable varmints. That being said there are ways to complete this task and ways not to do it.

I am "not" particularly a cat lover persay because of other choices. Actually I don't care for cats all that much and have made the decision not to bring a feline into my home because I know if I did I would grow to love it like a family member. I have two dogs that I treat (almost) as well as my son, and know that because my dogs have not been around cats before that the situation would not last all than long resulting in a lot of hardship and grief. This is why I have chosen not to get attached to cats. But understand that other people love their cats as much as I love my dogs.

Having said that, I agree with getting rid of animals that would bring harm to my family members and livestock that brings us food and shelter (selling the animals makes money paying for shelter). I agree with removing these animals as quickly, humanely and as affectivly as possible. If not, the problem will only get worse. If you can see them and get close enough to them, I agree that shooting them is the best solution. If you can't get to them I agree with poision. (we have all done it before with bugs and mice). Removing them or relocating them only makes it someone elses problem. (the problem still exists putting it into someone elses hands)

Okay I am done and I hope that I have not shocked too many people with my opinions and beliefs. I also hope that I have opened the eyes to a few people who have never been affected by such a predicament. Also reassuring others that something needs to be done at times.

LIVE, LOVE, LIFE.....:)

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Oh ya Scotty if you do get them and have any reservations about shooting them yourself I would be happy to do it for you. PS I'm all legal too.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya Scotty if you do get them and have any reservations about shooting them yourself I would be happy to do it for you. PS I'm all legal too.

Sledderdoc, thanks. I've tried shooting them but man are those toms (strays) smart and Fast. Even in the day light when I see them from my shop window or from the garage, I'll slowly crack the door open, gun in hand, they're GONE. Almost impossible to get a shot away. I guess thats why they are Still alive and surviving?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking looking at the pic. Has to be one BIG a$$ kitty. Have you actually seen it? Sure it's not a dog or some other wild critter?

Dad used to use the Pine Sol trick on the garbage cans when I was kid. Did something to keep them from digging in the garden too, think it was Pine something as well. I hear Cayenne pepper works wonders..one sniff and well you get the idea.

ZRrrr... I have seen it and yes it is a cat, a very large ugly beat up Cat. About the size of a Volkswagon. It has on many occassions looked into our family room from the deck (we have low verticle windows) and it is one ugly thing. We have named it Putrifaction. Even our neighbours call it that. It has been around for years. Its a tough old sucker thats for sure. Beats the crap out of the other cats in the subdivision.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
zrrrr... I have seen it and yes it is a cat, a very large ugly beat up cat. About the size of a volkswagon. It has on many occassions looked into our family room from the deck (we have low verticle windows) and it is one ugly thing. We have named it putrifaction. Even our neighbours call it that. It has been around for years. Its a tough old sucker thats for sure. Beats the crap out of the other cats in the subdivision.

you tried calling strathcona animal division for help? Maybe even bylaw?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you tried calling strathcona animal division for help? Maybe even bylaw?

Summitric... no I have'nt, yet. I should I agree. One of our young cats is still healing from a nasty infected bite to the leg. He's good now but took a real good beating a few weeks ago. We do need to get this stray delt with. I still am amazed that he came up to the door and pi$$ed all over it like that? Thats one bold statement.

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's my two cents worth
this is humane and works on other animals too with a few modifications
you will need a cat trap, heavy welding gloves or something similar; NOT mommas pot holders, a strong helper, a rubber boot or pipe big enough for the cats body to fit in,
dettol antiseptic diluted with water in a bucket, a clean bucket of water, a sharp sterilized scalple, knife or single blade razor, beer, a small fire, cunningness, and a sense of adventure
okay ready?
what you do is trap the cat "make sure you got the right one" using the welding gloves extricate him and stuff him head first into the rubber boot or pipe to hold him, this will take cunningness and a sense of adventure, have your partner help you stuff his back legs into the boot so his butt sticks out. now you must work fast; you have two to three minutes.
Take the scalple make a vertical incision three quarters the length of his right nut you may need to hold the base of it then squeeze the nut out the hole and repeat the process on the inner sac, this membrane is thin on young animals slice it open and peel or scrape it back to expose the cord which you cut. What you have in your hand then is a prairie oyster which you throw into the clean bucket of water. Repeat the process on the left nut so when your done you will have two small holes in a cat and two prairie oysters in a bucket. Pouring some (not all) diluted antiseptic in the holes will flush out excess blood and contaminates.
There your done! pull the cat out of the boot and watch for movement; he will have passed out from lack of oxygen, if you took too long there won't be any movement. Rinse your hands and knife with the remaining antiseptic, cleanup and put your prairie oysters on the fire for your helper and cook em like sausages. Crack a beer and get a good look at the cat cause when he wakes up and finds his nuts on fire you won't ever see him again
another quick method:catch the animal and have your partner pin him/her between his knees on the ground holding the tail up, wire brush its a$$ till its pink and liberally pour turpentine on it; watch the smoke
its as easy as that

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I washed the door, siding and the deck with undiluted Pinesol as a few of you mentioned. I'm sure it will work but I'm not sure if the Cat Piss smells anyworse? :) The Pinesol is some strong when right out of the bottle :confused: My two Toms won't even go near it! :) I guess it will work.

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice. By the way... apparently the same cat has been pissing my neighbours front door as well. He has some nasty attitude.

Top Bottom