Cateract Creek Conditions

*Joemama*

Reaction score
The snow yesterday was AMAZING! fresh stuff everywhere. put on 115k yesterday with ease. wouldve went farther but the ZR is a pig on gas haha. the groomer only seemed to do some spots so a little rough in a couple places but overall it was smooth riding, JUST DON'T CHEW IT UP THIS TIME! TREAD LIGHTLY PEOPLE!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
.....the groomer only seemed to do some spots....

I think this needs a little more explanation!

How does the groomer "do some spots"? Does the operator drive down the trail and say to himself, "this is rough, I'll do this part and this is smooth and doesn't need doing!" I don't think so....

So Joemamma, please enlighten us a little more, thank you....

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would think he means that only some trails are done. if you want list of what is done and what isn't, check out the kananaskis snowmobile trail report.

*Joemama*

Reaction score
exactly what gascan said and ferniesnow don't be a tool you know what i meant.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow yesterday was AMAZING! fresh stuff everywhere. put on 115k yesterday with ease. wouldve went farther but the ZR is a pig on gas haha. the groomer only seemed to do some spots so a little rough in a couple places but overall it was smooth riding, JUST DON'T CHEW IT UP THIS TIME! TREAD LIGHTLY PEOPLE!

I was there yesterday too...did 120k(my little Cat is a gas pig too:d)

Snow was awesome....south trails really got it....pasque and skyline still bumpy but a good dose of white stuff takes a bit of the sting out of those bumps...

Cummings and Fallers creek...all I will say is when you take into account how pounded out and deep it was previously......it is a night and day difference now....a few small bumps here and there sure....but thats a good thing keeps your guard up:d

Its my belief...... that (as we explained in another thread) that its the amount of traffic that has the greatest affect on the wear of trails....as its pointless to try to adjust the "mindset" of all sledders......the answer is more grooming....ongoing....trails are always going to need grooming

but it takes snowfall.....and more bucks......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
exactly what gascan said and ferniesnow don't be a tool you know what i meant.

Well, I sit here with a couple of sticks under my arms (broken ankle) and with all these bluebird days I'm probably getting a little antsy. Just wished I was out riding with everyone else. Another 4 weeks of this sitting at the 'puter!!

Didn't mean to offend just tried to get the thread going!!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Well, I sit here with a couple of sticks under my arms (broken ankle) and with all these bluebird days I'm probably getting a little antsy. Just wished I was out riding with everyone else. Another 4 weeks of this sitting at the 'puter!!

Didn't mean to offend just tried to get the thread going!!

So that last video I posted in the CNP section must be driving you mad? :p

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I went out today and some of the trails are "brutal" for studder bumps.Skiline was nasty but nice to see some new snow.Great base if we could just get a good dump.Very few people out there today,nothing but sun all day.

Top Bottom