Tire Talk....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a little tire review time....

30x10 silverback light:
Nice tire for a LIGHT mud tire,pulls like crazy....Cleans out great ! Really chews good.
A little heavier than a 30 zilla but not much. Rides a little rougher and wanders alot more on hardpack than a zilla....

Overall an awesome tire if you want to step up from a zilla ,but dont want a true full on mud tire....

32 x 10 Roctanes ;
BIG frickin tires ,measure over 32 inchs...NOT great in the sticky mud,but not made for it either....Everywhere else amazing ! Rocks,hardpack light mud they did great....
Not bad in the skeg either as the foot print is huge. They ride awesome and are tough,being an 8 ply radial....Dam good tire,though only certain machines can fit a 32,the 30s would be great too though i would think... The 32s only weighh 44lbs,not bad for a HUGE tire...

30 x 10 Monster mayhems:
I sold these tire to Larry for his ranger....They were a little rough for me around the yard.
Boy do they chew though ! His ranger went everywhere with these on. They may dig a little to fast with out much side lug ,but on hard ground with bottom ,they WORK.
Measure a little shy 28.75,not super heavy but in the right terrain they work great...
Not a skeg tire at all, ask Larry....lol. They chew too fast.....
Good tire for a great price...

Hope this helps,questions fire away..........!:beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 quads and 2 different sxs's and ran zilla's on all of them.

Seem ok for me.

I was impressed with the monster mayhems on Larry's ranger. Wow they dig

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the buy of the year on those mayhems, was a little leary, of the lug size, but all i can say is thank you neville. Those tires are awesome, pretty much point n shoot, somewhat lumpy at real slow speeds. Hard on the grass also, not a rocky trail tire i'm sure. But fir suds buds trails they are awesome

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a little tire review time....

30x10 silverback light:
Nice tire for a LIGHT mud tire,pulls like crazy....Cleans out great ! Really chews good.
A little heavier than a 30 zilla but not much. Rides a little rougher and wanders alot more on hardpack than a zilla....

Overall an awesome tire if you want to step up from a zilla ,but dont want a true full on mud tire....

32 x 10 Roctanes ;
BIG frickin tires ,measure over 32 inchs...NOT great in the sticky mud,but not made for it either....Everywhere else amazing ! Rocks,hardpack light mud they did great....
Not bad in the skeg either as the foot print is huge. They ride awesome and are tough,being an 8 ply radial....Dam good tire,though only certain machines can fit a 32,the 30s would be great too though i would think... The 32s only weighh 44lbs,not bad for a HUGE tire...

30 x 10 Monster mayhems:
I sold these tire to Larry for his ranger....They were a little rough for me around the yard.
Boy do they chew though ! His ranger went everywhere with these on. They may dig a little to fast with out much side lug ,but on hard ground with bottom ,they WORK.
Measure a little shy 28.75,not super heavy but in the right terrain they work great...
Not a skeg tire at all, ask Larry....lol. They chew too fast.....
Good tire for a great price...

Hope this helps,questions fire away..........!:beer:

Good review. It's nice to hear some real world results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toxic

Reaction score
I got the buy of the year on those mayhems, was a little leary, of the lug size, but all i can say is thank you neville. Those tires are awesome, pretty much point n shoot, somewhat lumpy at real slow speeds. Hard on the grass also, not a rocky trail tire i'm sure. But fir suds buds trails they are awesome

I got the 30"Monsters on my Scrambler and they chew like nuts as long as there is a bottom, but boy do they suck in the skeg, tear it up like crazy and dig for a bottom that doesn't exist.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 30"Monsters on my Scrambler and they chew like nuts as long as there is a bottom, but boy do they suck in the skeg, tear it up like crazy and dig for a bottom that doesn't exist.
X2 for sure...

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 28" Zillas on my 800 Rzr & what an inprovement from the Bighorns in mud & skeg. Going to throw them on my new 900Rzr.
But wondering what guys are finding for a better muskeg tire?

Toxic

Reaction score
Running 28" Zillas on my 800 Rzr & what an inprovement from the Bighorns in mud & skeg. Going to throw them on my new 900Rzr.
But wondering what guys are finding for a better muskeg tire?

Zilla's are a good skeg tire, IMO Mud Lites all the best skeg tire but the sizing is just as important as tread pattern. Bigger the contact patch the better in skeg, wide as you can buy, not keep in mind to a degree you are sacrificing muddability for better skeg performance. Skeg you want to float on and not rip up the thin layer of vegetation so you want a wide paddling tire not anything that will "dig". You want a muskeg machine go buy a kodiak with the locking front diff and power steering and put the widest tire you can find on it and it will out perform anything.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your 900 will eat the side walls on zillas in rocks. Heavy machine and soft side walls don't work. Side by sides need a beefy tire. Mayhems. Big horns. Outlaws. All have a hard side walls. When I had a side by side with zillas I popped beads and poked rocks and sticks through the sides often

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What tire press are you guys running on the SxS? Wondering what to keep my 28" at on the 900Rzr

I run 5 psi. With the bead lock rims I never had to worry about the tires breaking the beads. I got maximum traction and ride with that pressure.

Toxic

Reaction score
Your 900 will eat the side walls on zillas in rocks. Heavy machine and soft side walls don't work. Side by sides need a beefy tire. Mayhems. Big horns. Outlaws. All have a hard side walls. When I had a side by side with zillas I popped beads and poked rocks and sticks through the sides often
I have been riding with a RZR 900 on 28" Zillas for couple years now and never seen him have any trouble running with all 4 tubed., what kind of pressure did you run?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 30 zillas stay on the bead MUCH better than a 28.......more roundness to side wall carcass,whereas the 28 the bead and the side of the tire are pretty well flush. Thus your always hitting the bead on a 28.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been riding with a RZR 900 on 28" Zillas for couple years now and never seen him have any trouble running with all 4 tubed., what kind of pressure did you run?

I tried from 5-15. No luck. I'm not bashing the tire. They are awesome on my 1000 reny but personally I diddnt do well with them on my teryx or xp 900

Top Bottom