Cataract Creek Snowmobile Trails offical thread 2016/17

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Glen...that wasn't me that blew past you on the trail last week as I haven't been out. In fact, just sold my pair of 2 strokes last week and I'm now looking at new sleds again.

Have fun out there over the holidays as it looks like snow is falling already. Maybe a good 12+ inches by tomorrow. :)

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any snow land there, seemed to be more Calgary and NE of there?

burnmaxx

Reaction score
Any update on the snow conditions at Cataract Creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully theres a good dump of snow there...... I got an easy 8 inches in my yard, in the SE.

burnmaxx

Reaction score
Yah we got a lot NE of Calgary too but looking for somewhere not too far with snow for a day trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need a update on the 940 road conditions and trail update

Nice cold temps and a boatload of white stuff should be good to go now ?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glen...that wasn't me that blew past you on the trail last week as I haven't been out. In fact, just sold my pair of 2 strokes last week and I'm now looking at new sleds again.

Have fun out there over the holidays as it looks like snow is falling already. Maybe a good 12+ inches by tomorrow. :)

Well then they were riding Cataract Creek then. If you see us working out there stop for a visit

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We need a update on the 940 road conditions and trail update

Nice cold temps and a boatload of white stuff should be good to go now ?

Roadd should be good logging up there road must be good. I'm out tomorrow will give report then. I'm sure people are riding maybe will get a report tonight. I can say that it was -24 in Edmonton area this morning and - 4 when we got home here in Calgary

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Roadd should be good logging up there road must be good. I'm out tomorrow will give report then. I'm sure people are riding maybe will get a report tonight. I can say that it was -24 in Edmonton area this morning and - 4 when we got home here in Calgary

it was -20 here this morning

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out for a short ride today. I was only able to do the North trails with my little on board before she got chilly. Road in from Longview was bad coming in with drifting and worse going out but I did see a plow so hopefully that is fixed. Unfortunately that same wind was taking a lot of the new snow off the exposed sections. Stuff sheltered in the trees was ok. Randall continued on to the south end after we went to the truck so will have to see what he found done there. I wouldn't bother taking the drag on the north section until we get another dump.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Gates are closed. They didn't get the snow that Calgary got. Maybe 1 inch or two at etherigton. I don't think I would worry about dragging. Trails are pretty packed. We hit Fording. Least amount of Snow on trails and back there that I have seen. Probed 70 cm. Area needs snow bad

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How deep is the Baril Creek? We dragged till that creek. Something needs to be put into that creek to help freeze it up. Have you figured out the reroute?

Top Bottom