Cataract Creek Snow

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any first hand info on snow conditions at Cataract Creek or Etherington????? WE had some good snowfalls so it would be nice to know if I should take the sled down off the stands and go or not. TIA.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Mr David Spence said 20-30 cm for Sat. night for that area . Was maybe thinking sunday might be a good riding day........:beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could call the guy at Highwood River Inn, they always give us snow reports when we call :) Best ride we ever took was in April down there

Alfred

Reaction score
18" of new snow. :) Great day of sledding.

Attachments

• Dale.jpg
    Dale.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 83

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Urrrrrrr i love how the date on his post was the 27th and i was on yesterday the 28th and it wasnt there. They have snow and im at home picking my @SS.Hummmm guess thats what i get for relying on the net. Was that going south or Fording pass way?

Thanks Darrell

Last edited:

Alfred

Reaction score
That was west from cataract creek in about 5 kilometers. I was out on Sunday, My son was out on Monday and it had another 6" of snow!!!!!

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Urrrrrrr i love how the date on his post was the 27th and i was on yesterday the 28th and it wasnt there. They have snow and im at home picking my @SS.Hummmm guess thats what i get for relying on the net. Was that going south or Fording pass way?

Thanks Darrell

Yes it would have been nice to see that post Tues. night when decisions were being made for Wed. How come it takes so long to post a post???

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe there is that much snow left out there, I assume Cataract was done!

Hirmkin

Reaction score
Well at least this thread is 2009 not like the other “Cattaract Creek” thread that two years old and people are still posting in it!!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least this thread is 2009 not like the other “Cattaract Creek” thread that two years old and people are still posting in it!!!!

There is nothing wrong with posting in the Cataract Creek thread that is 2 years old. Should someone start a new thread everytime they have info about Cataract ? So this past month alone there would be a dozen Cataract threads? Maybe if someone has some updates and photos they want to post they can start a Cataract 2009/2010 thread then maybe it will be just for this winter season. I am betting someone still posts in the other threads, so maybe as Dave mentioned someone can lock the other threads.

So maybe there just needs to be a sticky with the directions on Cataract, so whenever people ask, they can be referred to the sticky. Then everything else can go in the new Cataract thread....tell ya what...I will start it just for you Hirmkin, but please remember to use only the new one :cool:

I am just being sarcastic just so everyone is clear on this...Yes its silly to post over and over again in an old thread, but I don't see a reason for a new post every few days, thats why I think a common thread for the season would be beneficial if people wanted to use it.

happy trails.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down there today it is white. At highwood house to wilkson summit there was 3-6 inches new snow was very windy. Hope it stays cool and more snow......

Top Bottom