Castle? Ski hill riding?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago somebody said once the ski hill shuts down, they allow sledders to use it with permission.

Is this true?

Maybe interested in taking advantage of this for sledboarding.

Thanks,

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya you are not allowed to ride the hill for insurance regs but a lot of guys sneak up the new cat ski area to get some lines but if you can sneak on go up towards the south chutes and back into haig bowl it is amazing when you do get back there lol

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
We used to climb the ski hill every year after it shut down. They don't allow it anymore, and have big signs posted. We could also get into haig lake during the year before the ski hill opened up the new chair. Now it's all off limits. It's fun to sneak in there, but we don't anymore. We don't want to give us sledders a bad name. We also don't need to give them a reason to shut anymore areas down. It's not my fault they don't allow us to sled on the ski hill (I never told anyone), but I did total mine off coming down a double black diamond run. I guess I can understand the whole insurance liability issue. It's a lot easier to turn on skis than a sled:eek:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it used to be amazing when yu could sneak into haig lake or into the north bowl and those areas some sweet climbs and nice tree rides but not anymore definately understandable for insurance reasons

Top Bottom