can for m1000 2009

chezandy0

Reaction score
i hear a lot of bogging problems wtih throwing on a can is there a can that there isnt alot of problems with and do i need to do anything else to it after i put a can on or just ride???

chezandy0

Reaction score
I got a d and d y-pipe and can on mine and no bogging.

is that all you did?? was there any reprograming needed like a boondocker or digitron i dont want to screw with it to much just make it sound nice and get a couple more hp without having to mess with it thanks for your help

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put dalton adjustable weights as well as my rpms were high. I also changed my primary spring to a softer one, cat gold it now kicks in nice and soft at about 2900 rpm. On the 2009 i was told for ypipe change no boon docker etc needed. I put on 1000 miles with now issues. For this year I changed the helix to a Terra Alps 46/36 which I have not tried yet but cannot wait! Also last year did the venting on both bottom sides to keep it cooler. Good luck.. mine rips as is and i know some have had bogging issues but my only issue is that all my xp 800 buddies feel they need to make there's faster somehow! lol

chezandy0

Reaction score
thank for your help can you send me which pipe and can you have happy riding!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock pipe. DD y-pipe and can is what I changed. Also got the bearing changed in the diamond drive last month. The bearing was in good shape but put the upgraded double row bearing in.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Y pipe and can on mine as well. 2009 and newer mapping. Update from Cat. No need for a tuner butr any other mods start looking for an EFI box ,Boondocker Powercommander etc... I have D and D Y pipe and SLP can. I think the MBRP can cause bog issues. but i can,t remember for sure. Mine had some slight bog issues below 3000 feet last winter. Seems to be resolved now though. Good luck to you!

Top Bottom