Can am to Polaris

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of a sad but happy day, sold the Renegade and bought a cough cough Polaris Sportsman 850xpTouring.
Yeah, yeah I know, a step backwards but I was getting tiredof being covered in mud in the first 10 minutes of every ride and for somereason the Rene didn’t like water much and seemed to spend a lot of down timeat the dealer.
I’m going to enjoy being able to bring some stuff with menow including extra gas and maybe a chain saw.
Took it for a quick ride, rode a buddies before so I alreadyknew how the sportsman’s were, kind of like going from a Corvette to a Caddy,hope I don’t regret it down the road, time will tell.

Attachments

• 406552_2878717446053_1203526251_32332079_469309858_n.jpg
    406552_2878717446053_1203526251_32332079_469309858_n.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 340

DingoNutz

Reaction score
Don't worry, you"ll like it. The 850 ain't no slouch either. Your body will thank you for it. Rides as smooth as they come.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I had a chance to take a buddies 850 xp out for a ride, didnt through me around like the Rene did, was like a Caddy on NOS. I figured the touring would be even better with the extra 4 inch wheel base.
Just wish it wasn't a Polaris. lol

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So long as it puts a smile on your face.....isn't that all that matters?? LOL just sayin Nice colour BTW!!:)

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D :D it doesnt really matter what you ride but more how you ride what you got. Congratulations on your new purchase, i sure hope you enjoy the polaris. Although if you not taking. Kids or the wife why didnt you just go with the regular 850 instead of the touring?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D :D it doesnt really matter what you ride but more how you ride what you got. Congratulations on your new purchase, i sure hope you enjoy the polaris. Although if you not taking. Kids or the wife why didnt you just go with the regular 850 instead of the touring?

If I were purchasing a Sportsman I would go with the 2up as well. A bit longer gives you a more stable feel, especially on hills, and they do have a very good turning radius, at least the few times I have been on one, I liked it.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's one of the reasons why I went back to a two person quad, I ride with a group of experienced riders and my wife likes to come out but gets left behind or rides to fast for her experience. So if we're just the family, she rides her own, if we're with the group, she'll ride with me. Or I'll drink beer and let her drive. ;)

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's one of the reasons why I went back to a two person quad, I ride with a group of experienced riders and my wife likes to come out but gets left behind or rides to fast for her experience. So if we're just the family, she rides her own, if we're with the group, she'll ride with me. Or I'll drink beer and let her drive. ;)

It makes it easier when the wife likes to go with. Not all that bitching when you want to take off for the day! :D

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also changed my CVT exhaust to the 2009 that runs forward, I just didn't think the new 2010+ that points to the back was a good idea from Polaris.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 161

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beautiful quad. i'm kinda thinking about getting a used 850 or 800 this summer as well. all that's left now is to change your avatar.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beautiful quad. i'm kinda thinking about getting a used 850 or 800 this summer as well. all that's left now is to change your avatar.

I have a 2010 with 400 miles. It is still showroom condition. Used it hunting thats it. Comes with hand/thumb warmers. No time to ride it. $8000.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Dark Side! I use to own Yamaha ATV's and Arctic cat Snowmobiles. Now the shed is filled with Polaris and I haven't looked back since.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll love it as long as you don't ride in the mountains and don't mind changing control arm bushings almost as often as you change the oil! :D And speaking of oil be prepared to change the front diff and ADC fluids on a ridiculously frequent schedule. I like the ride, power and easy steering of my wife's 850XP but I'll stick to the reliability of my Grizz 700EPS any day.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll love it as long as you don't ride in the mountains and don't mind changing control arm bushings almost as often as you change the oil! :D And speaking of oil be prepared to change the front diff and ADC fluids on a ridiculously frequent schedule. I like the ride, power and easy steering of my wife's 850XP but I'll stick to the reliability of my Grizz 700EPS any day.
I've heard about the ADT thing, probably avoid using it, don't ride hills much anyway.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
I've got around 1200miles on my 2010 850, I've never had to change control arm bushings yet, change the front diff oil at 200miles, only because of the break in period I did all fluids, ADC fluid I do every 500miles, and is easy and cheap to do, so why not. The ride is by far the best in the bizz, and power is second only to can am, which is still more than anyone needs.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the tires you picked. can a guy get a set of those rims with stock offset? dont want it any wider than it already is

Top Bottom