Camping/Quadding around the cold lake area? or close to edmonton?

skor

Reaction score
[h=2]Bought by very first quad today and I cant wait till I go quadding somewhere!
Im looking for some decent riding areas and camping spots around Cold Lake or 2 hours around Edmonton? My wife, kid and I want to go out for a weekend and we're not totally sure where to go.
[/h]

Any ideas?​

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a fw that will keep you busy for a bit.

Approximate distance from Edmonton...
Redwater - 45 min
Bruderheim - 40 min
IronHorse (Stage at Smokey Lake) - 1:40 (camping permitted, but dunno where)
Long Island Lake - 1h 30min (camping permitted)
Brazeau Dam - 1h 45min (camping permitted)
Vega - 1h 45min (camping permitted)

You can search the forus here for directions to all those places. There is also a link to a map with those locations pinned in the following post: https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f483/google-map-staging-coordinates-alberta-34933.html#post928243

Last edited:

Grasshopper

Reaction score
there are lots of detours off the iron horse trail that u can go on,also check out may lake run both are less than 20 mins from cold lake

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of places there can go into saskabush like north by canoe lake went there lots with Great fishing, may even see some Saskatchewan seals.

OLE 11

Reaction score
There is a bad ass place by ethel lake. turn north off of hwy 55 just before cold lake. Follow road passed lake ethel till you run out of road!! there are places you can park your trailer...no services of course!!! There is cutlines everywhere!! lots of skeg, water ,big holes, Don't go alone!! Bring winch and 200' of roap and snatch blocks..cause your in the ch!t abiss!!! LOL!! There is good fishing at ethel and marie!! Also if you want to go to the "best" Quading go south of Rocky on hwy 752 till you hit gravel, then go approx 10 km. There is camping on side of road and a millon trails!! MY favorite spot!!!

Top Bottom