Calgary to Fernie - Fastest Route?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I made 2 trips to Calgary this week and I found the safest route to be Okotokos, Black Diamond and Longview.

Both trips I went to Calgary through the hills into Nanton and it is very slippery at the top and on some of the higher curves. On the way home it was all #22. Much nice drive this time. #3 has some black ice so be careful....bring 'em back alive

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havent traveled the roads recently - but in the summer usually go south to nanton then west to 22 - found it to be the shortest route - have gone through fort macloed - but its about 20 min farther - going through Okotoks - black diamond , etc slows you down when going through each town - maybe in the winter a little different with road conditions - a road more traveled may have less icy spots !

Overthetop

Reaction score
If you want to miss Black Diamond and most of Longview you could take the Hogg Park road, which goes south halfway between Okotoks and Black Diamond. Then just follow that south past Tongue Creek road until you get to Longview Trail go west until you come into Longview on the south end of town..that way you won't run me over as I stumble out of the Longview bar!...lol:d:d

Top Bottom