Calgary stampede cancelled

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yes K-Days was cancelled too. The Calgary Stampede is much bigger though that brings a lot in to the Calgary community. AHS health minister has advised that All outdoor events including music events be cancelled for the summer. So Big Valley Jamboree and Country Thunder should be announcing in the next few days there cancellation as well.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of places not selling lottery tickets so the government coffers are taking another huge hit.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good maybe it’ll spare a cowboys life from the half mile of hell, give the horses a break too,

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good maybe it’ll spare a cowboys life from the half mile of hell, give the horses a break too,

Dumb statement . Move to Lower mainland and save the whales or one eyed crabs or some other goofy protest , cause you obviously don’t know much about rodeo or chuck wagon stock, or how it’s treated. Cancelling Calgary is just another result of this pandemic, but certainly not a good one.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dumb statement . Move to Lower mainland and save the whales or one eyed crabs or some other goofy protest , cause you obviously don’t know much about rodeo or chuck wagon stock, or how it’s treated. Cancelling Calgary is just another result of this pandemic, but certainly not a good one.

hows it’s treated!? I’ve yet to seen a cowboy rounding up cattle on a chuck wagon in a field, mostly it’s a quad or a kubota, and I’ve also yet to see some adrenaline junkie on a bull riding it in a pasture, all it’s about is a bunch of high strung goofs looking for some money at the end of the event, as far as caring for the animals don’t feed me that bs, cause as soon as a crash happens here comes the blue tarp and they turn the rv channel to some cowboy in the pasture brushing his horse, same with when they jerk the calfs neck I notice that camera is alittle to high everytime to show it, if the sport is so great show us how it’s done start to finish, but oh no they wouldn’t do that, when they do have a chuck wagon wreck and horses die they’re all sad and hurt but the next day they’re right back at it, can’t be to sad I hunt and I fish, but that rodeo cowboy mentality isn’t for me, I’ve seen a quite a few of them from running coyote hounds to poaching moose and deer every year, and they’re the great all mighty high up cowboys that go to the stampede,

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows it’s treated!? I’ve yet to seen a cowboy rounding up cattle on a chuck wagon in a field, mostly it’s a quad or a kubota, and I’ve also yet to see some adrenaline junkie on a bull riding it in a pasture, all it’s about is a bunch of high strung goofs looking for some money at the end of the event, as far as caring for the animals don’t feed me that bs, cause as soon as a crash happens here comes the blue tarp and they turn the rv channel to some cowboy in the pasture brushing his horse, same with when they jerk the calfs neck I notice that camera is alittle to high everytime to show it, if the sport is so great show us how it’s done start to finish, but oh no they wouldn’t do that, when they do have a chuck wagon wreck and horses die they’re all sad and hurt but the next day they’re right back at it, can’t be to sad I hunt and I fish, but that rodeo cowboy mentality isn’t for me, I’ve seen a quite a few of them from running coyote hounds to poaching moose and deer every year, and they’re the great all mighty high up cowboys that go to the stampede,
Your second statement does nothing to make you look any better. If you are smart you should take Lenny's advice to heart

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here we go with more 'Cancel Culture'...people who don't like watching or participating in some activity want it canceled.

Lot's of people who don't hunt and fish would like to see those activities canceled.

Lets kill the 'Cancel Culture' cancer.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go with more 'Cancel Culture'...people who don't like watching or participating in some activity want it canceled.

Lot's of people who don't hunt and fish would like to see those activities canceled.

Lets kill the 'Cancel Culture' cancer.

****ing LIBERALS / NDP /GREENS or whatever.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come that camera is always a hair high when they jerk the calf’s neck we seem to miss that!? An why the blue tarp!? If everyone is so proud of it why hide it from the rest of us!? It’s got nothing to do with a bleeding heart it’s common decency,

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come that camera is always a hair high when they jerk the calf’s neck we seem to miss that!? An why the blue tarp!? If everyone is so proud of it why hide it from the rest of us!? It’s got nothing to do with a bleeding heart it’s common decency,

There is a certainty if you have livestock, you will eventually have dead stock too. Rodeo is part of our Continents heritage and history, you don’t like it, change the channel...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty hypocritical to hunt and fish but have a problem with rodeo. I grew up around the sport and those animals are bred for and it would be tough to find another animal outside of a family dog that is better cared for. It's too bad to see animals get euthanized but a lot of the chuckwagon horses would be dog food already as they are retired from other rodeo events and not suitable saddle stock.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty hypocritical to hunt and fish but have a problem with rodeo. I grew up around the sport and those animals are bred for and it would be tough to find another animal outside of a family dog that is better cared for. It's too bad to see animals get euthanized but a lot of the chuckwagon horses would be dog food already as they are retired from other rodeo events and not suitable saddle stock.
Exactly! That is what happens to retired thoroughbreds from the horse tracks. Dog Food. The Japanese buy them as well for food as its a delicacy for them. I know you hear it all the time how the wagon guys treat their horses like pets. Its true. I know a lot of wagon people and they are very caring about their animals and when retired tend to stay on as pets and live for free till they expire.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ive never once hunted and fished for money!?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a certainty if you have livestock, you will eventually have dead stock too. Rodeo is part of our Continents heritage and history, you don’t like it, change the channel...

so was slavery but we got rid of that, why do they practice it for a week, I’ve yet to see them ride a bull on the range,

and on a side note how come no one has commented on the camera being high and the blue tarp!? Why hide it from the public!?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so was slavery but we got rid of that, why do they practice it for a week, I’ve yet to see them ride a bull on the range,

and on a side note how come no one has commented on the camera being high and the blue tarp!? Why hide it from the public!?
Its for respect of weak kneed peeps who can't handle the truth. Same as the 6 blue tarps we saw at the Acapulco airport after the Cartel and the cops had a shoot out on one of our trips in 2010 or when Dale Earnhardt was killed at Daytona in 2001 that I attended.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is no talking to you about it I guess. Have a snowflakey day.

Top Bottom